so it looks like we are stuck with McDermot

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2747

Re: so it looks like we are stuck with McDermot

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

morris474 wrote:
With Malky Mackay, Possibly Gus Poyett and even David Moyes available

I know we are Leeds, but we have to be realistic, we are also currently a mid-table Championship side and our pulling power isn't what it used to be, which is probably one reason why some of our loan players weren't amazing!

Malky Mackay was sacked by Cardiff, mainly because he clashed with their megalomanic owner: I really can't see him either wanting to come to Leeds or Mr Cellino wanting him here - it would be a serious clash of egos! I don't think Mackay is particularly proven anyway, didn't he have a huge budget at Cardiff? .... From what I can remember they always seemed to be buying players.

Poyet again is not that special and has mixed credentials and didn't think twice about leaving us in the lurch before.

David Moyes, well he's not my cup of tea and he will have a lot of offers from teams in a better place than ours.

I personally think that BM has a lot more up his sleeve and has been thwarted by seriously limiting and restrictive circumstances. However Cellino is in charge now, so as others have pointed out, BM may well currently fit his needs very well!! I would also disagree that BM is a proven failure! For me that assessment could only be made if circumstances had so far been very good at least!

I think it is wait and see for the moment. If/when BM is no longer viable for Cellino then I hope we get someone who is streaks better than Poyet, MacKay, Di canio and the likes!
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

:clap: Well said Frankie.

I don't understand why there is ever any aggression or sarcasm aimed at people who disagree with the majority. Not one person on this forum has said anything to blindly defend Brian McDermott but some replies and reactions have been like those who think he deserves longer time here are from another planet :(
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I think the replies to those who support BM have been very fair and even handed IMO. He has had a terrible run of results since Christmas, 15 losses, 5 wins and 4 draws which not many managers, if any would have survived the axe. Not only that, it's the actual woeful performances and lack of tactics and getting the players motivated that bothers most. I think BM has had fair and balanced comments on here, like myself, I think he should be sacked, but I'm quite willing to give him another chance if Cellino keeps him on.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

Aces wrote:I think the replies to those who support BM have been very fair and even handed IMO. He has had a terrible run of results since Christmas, 15 losses, 5 wins and 4 draws which not many managers, if any would have survived the axe. Not only that, it's the actual woeful performances and lack of tactics and getting the players motivated that bothers most. I think BM has had fair and balanced comments on here, like myself, I think he should be sacked, but I'm quite willing to give him another chance if Cellino keeps him on.
i know your comments are meant to be fair mate but most, maybe all, of the comments defending McDermott are being ignored. My point is, I haven't read anyone defending the results, it appears to be more the view that they, like me, think the manager deserves more time in the job in a settled environment. Yet there have been disparaging replies to a ttoally reasonable point of view.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Any good manager would have used the takeover to their advantage Mcd has not.

All it has done is give him an excuse to use at every post match press conference.

His tactics and team selections are woeful,also as has been pointed out with his record since xmas any other club would have sacked him.

I see why folk are defending him but in my eyes having been to all 22 home games so far he just doesnt have it to take the club forward.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

I can't believe anyone who pays to watch lufc week in week out would want BM to take us forward next season. Ignore everything else and what are you left with, dull football. Why would anyone want to shell out £500 for dull football?
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

As I only to get to see Leeds on the box or read reports, I leave it to those who go to ER week in week out to influence my views. Most but not all seem to have major problems with, selections, tactics, style of football. If he does stay, he will need to take a long hard look at himself, backroom team etc.
Otherwise more of the same next year.

PS I have no problem with those who have a alternative view. I once was a BMD supporter as well.