Ross McCormack waiting on contract talks.....

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Ross McCormack waiting on contract talks.....

Post by isrodger »

Also depends on the bids in for him; £5m turned down & his agent then says pay him £5m striker wages - its the way it is unfortunately.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

McCormack enters Cellino's office to ask for a new contract. Cellino tells him to "get the flip outta here" and "go back to training."
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

To be honest if we sold McCormack i wouldnt be at all downhearted, we would get a nice sum for him but not as much as what some think, 8 million was mentioned, no premiership team would pay that for him. Possibly no more than 4-5 million if were lucky.

It would be used for the team i believe also and with that much money we could get a fairly decent replacement plus another few in also. I think thats the way to go really, sell the one player to bring in 3-4 talented players who are up and coming or even established players that have a resale value long term
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

If it's to be believed then transfer budget won't be an issue with the owner, therefore selling our proven best players would be even more pointless than it normally is. Does anyone know what Ross has actually, definitely, officially said about wanting a new contract/better pay? For all the complaints about this situation, in years to come when people look back at the number of goals he has scored this season, and the (comparatively) not indecent wages he gets, I suspect most will wonder what the fuss was about. I doubt that the club, unlike Ridsdale era, will pay any player more than they can afford. I personally don't believe McCormack, if it's true, is exactly holding the club to ransom or putting their financial well-being at risk by asking more money. We are a poor 2nd division club, just like we were under Blackwell, and there were big wage 'earners' still here, getting more than double what NcCormack reportedly earns.
Charian

Post by Charian »

Year Zero ITK wrote:If it's to be believed then transfer budget won't be an issue with the owner, therefore selling our proven best players would be even more pointless than it normally is. Does anyone know what Ross has actually, definitely, officially said about wanting a new contract/better pay? For all the complaints about this situation, in years to come when people look back at the number of goals he has scored this season, and the (comparatively) not indecent wages he gets, I suspect most will wonder what the fuss was about. I doubt that the club, unlike Ridsdale era, will pay any player more than they can afford. I personally don't believe McCormack, if it's true, is exactly holding the club to ransom or putting their financial well-being at risk by asking more money. We are a poor 2nd division club, just like we were under Blackwell, and there were big wage 'earners' still here, getting more than double what NcCormack reportedly earns.
He has basically said that there is interest in him but he wants to stay at leeds so is waiting to see if Cellino puts a new contract in front of him, if reports are to be believed. I was sure that Ross was one of our highest paid players since he signed his new deal. There's definitely more players on high wages and some higher than him but he can't be to far down the list. He's certainly not holding the club to ransom.
Year Zero ITK

Post by Year Zero ITK »

Thanks. The more cynical will always say he is but that's nothing new and it's just a matter of opinion, I get the feeling that the club will be run financially more 'prudently' now. Sounds like his agent is just doing his job, trying to squeeze more money out of LU for his client. i am not justifying that or defending agents by the way :D
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

If we sell Ross for five million we have to replace him.
In my view if Ross finishes as leading scorer in the championship then he has done so by playing for the worst Leeds squad I can remember. Some say he wastes too many chances and misses penalties? Maybe so - but I wouldn't care if he hits row Z twenty times a game if he finishes with 30 goals at the end of season.
Beckford as I remember him wasted far more chances playing in a better team in a lower league!
Ross also played a large part of our early games in wide midfield.

Right now Ross should be our highest earner by rights and if he can get paid twice what we offer him that's not a reflection on Ross but a reflection on Leeds.
Year Zero ITK

Post by Year Zero ITK »

It is a reflection though, on any player asking for a pay rise, when/IF their employer is allegedly in deep debt.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Year Zero ITK wrote:It is a reflection though, on any player asking for a pay rise, when/IF their employer is allegedly in deep debt.
Better than being bankrupt with a club playing in League one if it wasn't for his goals. He is a professional and is worth what people are willing to pay, if we cant match or compete with other teams that's a reflection on Leeds as Ross is only doing what most footballers and their agents do.
Year Zero ITK

Post by Year Zero ITK »

How would it be a reflection on Leeds if they weren't able to pay what he was asking? I agree he might be worth more, relatively speaking, but if the club is deeply in debt then can't realistically be claimed he is justified in asking for a pay rise.