2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
massimomilitia
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by massimomilitia »

Morning all viviani will sign today I hope ,and lets hope cellino signs another five players after that he did say he would.Also salerno hasnt signed yet lets hope he does soon ....already the knives are out for hockaday.
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

Doukara is a player who can play out wide in reference to the comments made about players who can play out wide as well as other positions, as can Bianchi apparently.

I do think we need a striker, a winger and a CB and I would be happy
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
jslufcAUS
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by jslufcAUS »

pretty happy with viviani, a much needed creative option. IMO last season our attack was too shortsighted and that stemmed from mccormack being our main route to goal. Hopefully we will see goals coming from a variety of attacking players in a more flowing 'team play' front line. I'd also like to see austin gone. A+ for effort but his passes don't stick and I cringe every time the crowd yells shoot and he tees off like a 14yr old at a driving range
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Not a rumour, but just noticed that Leicester have deemed Chris Wood surplus to requirements. I always thought he was great, occasionally unplayable, at this level, and he's got a good goalscoring record given his lack of matchtime in earlier seasons. Would be a good replacement/improvement on Ross for me.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

Leonickroberts wrote:Not a rumour, but just noticed that Leicester have deemed Chris Wood surplus to requirements. I always thought he was great, occasionally unplayable, at this level, and he's got a good goalscoring record given his lack of matchtime in earlier seasons. Would be a good replacement/improvement on Ross for me.

Definitely a striker I would like us to sign, knows where the goal is and if he gets a good run of games he could easily get 15+ goals a season
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
stephenneilwhite
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by stephenneilwhite »

Would love Chris woods but our current scouting teams experience would have them asking who is Woods and where is Leicester?
We seem to have missed out on Gamberini as well, My first thoughts were disappointing as I thought he could have solved a lot of worries at the back and even a natural captain for the team, but as he has chosen a safe last three years to his career at the bottom of Serie A maybe he wasn't the right fix for us anyway
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

massimomilitia wrote:Morning all viviani will sign today I hope ,and lets hope cellino signs another five players after that he did say he would.Also salerno hasnt signed yet lets hope he does soon ....already the knives are out for hockaday.
Think some peoples knives were out for Hockaday before he got the job.

He's certainly not who i would have chosen but he's here now and I'm with those that will give him a chance (at least a couple of months of the real stuff starting). Friendlies prove nothing in my opinion.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Selby White wrote:He's certainly not who i would have chosen but he's here now and I'm with those that will give him a chance (at least a couple of months of the real stuff starting). Friendlies prove nothing in my opinion.
True, but losing to Mansfield is pretty absurd even in a friendly (obviously this is not entirely DH's fault)
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Leonickroberts wrote:
Selby White wrote:He's certainly not who i would have chosen but he's here now and I'm with those that will give him a chance (at least a couple of months of the real stuff starting). Friendlies prove nothing in my opinion.
True, but losing to Mansfield is pretty absurd even in a friendly (obviously this is not entirely DH's fault)
When BM lost to league 1 Rochdale in a real match some of the folk berating H for losing a friendly in which he used 2 different sides were no doubt telling us BM needed time. I doubt there's a single lufc fan who doesn't have doubts about H but losing a friendly really isn't the end of the world. He'll be out soon enough I expect if he loses real matches. What concerns me, even in a friendly is a trait we developed under Grayson and which continued through Warnock and BM - we regularly need 3 goals to win a game. Our defending has been totally unacceptable for far too long. Failure to sort it out would be unforgivable. If H is a decent coach you would expect to see a well organised team in which everyone knows their jobs and which defends as a unit emerge over the next few weeks. Without that we are going nowhere and H will deserve to go but organisation takes time to put in place.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Leonickroberts wrote:
Bit like us losing to Wallsall last season.

Remember losing 4-0 at Bury not so many years ago with the likes of Snoddy, Howson, Becchio, etc in our team.

In 2009 we only won 2 out of 7 friendlies but won 8 out of our first 9 competitive matches, friendly results mean very little especially when we are fielding two complete teams.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.