2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:
Aces wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Odubajo's quality, would have loved him here. Hogan was the Rochard striker we made an official announcement that we hadn't bid for him and who scored against us for Rochdale in the FA Cup.

Exactly, Frankie, I keep saying I want a quick attacking midfielder who can play out wide.
If it's Moses Odubajo, looking at his playing history, he has only played for Leyton Orient at any level, the rest of the time he's played lower league. He looks like another young player with potential, which we have enough of those already.
What would you call Viviani, Doukara and Silvestri then? They're just young, unproven and with potential? You're just overlooking that and getting more excited about them because they're Italian, despite the fact some of them coming from a weaker league, in Serie B.
Nope, I've said the same, I don't know them either. There is a difference though, most of our signings have played in Serie A, or Serie B. Odubajo has played most of his games for Leyton Orient. I'm not saying he might not be potentially a good player, but why we would want him on his previous playing history is a puzzle to me.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
Aces wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Odubajo's quality, would have loved him here. Hogan was the Rochard striker we made an official announcement that we hadn't bid for him and who scored against us for Rochdale in the FA Cup.

Exactly, Frankie, I keep saying I want a quick attacking midfielder who can play out wide.
If it's Moses Odubajo, looking at his playing history, he has only played for Leyton Orient at any level, the rest of the time he's played lower league. He looks like another young player with potential, which we have enough of those already.
What would you call Viviani, Doukara and Silvestri then? They're just young, unproven and with potential? You're just overlooking that and getting more excited about them because they're Italian, despite the fact some of them coming from a weaker league, in Serie B.
Nope, I've said the same, I don't know them either. There is a difference though, most of our signings have played in Serie A, or Serie B. Odubajo has played most of his games for Leyton Orient. I'm not saying he might not be potentially a good player, but why we would want him on his previous playing history is a puzzle to me.
Because of his potential and the skillset he has? He's a good player who was too good for league 1. He's 20 and tearing it up in league 1, he can only get better and go higher. He's been linked with Spurs. I've seen him play and saw potential, I don't need to look at playing history to judge a player, I look at the player and how he can help our team.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

You must watch a lot of footy if you watch Leyton Orient Si, lol.

I don't know him, I will take your word about him.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I saw him in the playoff final v Rotherham and he impressed me, then I looked at his goals and assists stats for last season and was impressed with his record 10 goals and 9 assists last season. Considering how good a set of numbers he's already getting at 20, showing that's he's not just fizzle with no pop, it got me thinking about how he can only get better and it showed to me that he's a productive player. Based of his attributes, he'd bring what we need to the table - pace, goals and assists from the flanks.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SiMamu wrote:I saw him in the playoff final v Rotherham and he impressed me, then I looked at his goals and assists stats for last season and was impressed with his record 10 goals and 9 assists last season. Considering how good a set of numbers he's already getting at 20, showing that's he's not just fizzle with no pop, it got me thinking about how he can only get better and it showed to me that he's a productive player. Based of his attributes, he'd bring what we need to the table - pace, goals and assists from the flanks.
He was the guy that scored a cracking long range goal in the final, wasn't he ?
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

rigger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:I saw him in the playoff final v Rotherham and he impressed me, then I looked at his goals and assists stats for last season and was impressed with his record 10 goals and 9 assists last season. Considering how good a set of numbers he's already getting at 20, showing that's he's not just fizzle with no pop, it got me thinking about how he can only get better and it showed to me that he's a productive player. Based of his attributes, he'd bring what we need to the table - pace, goals and assists from the flanks.
He was the guy that scored a cracking long range goal in the final, wasn't he ?
Yes.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

Two really good players for Leeds, please buy them Cellino... :)

Midfielder Melker Hallberg in the Swedish team Kalmar FF.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbNUiw_dpaU

Striker Carlos Strandberg in the Swedish team Häcken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7c-7xytkA8
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

Gone pretty quiet on the transfer front. We need to get a move on
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

just waiting for viviani to be announced, I think we will be sorted on the CM front then. just need to get a CB, winger and a striker in.
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

jjrgreeney wrote:just waiting for viviani to be announced, I think we will be sorted on the CM front then. just need to get a CB, winger and a striker in.
I totally agree mate, it would be great if Viviani is announced today and like you say, we need new players in other areas as well. If we get them, I think this team will form the basis of a good young team for the future. I don't expect us to be great at first, but once they all get to know each other and grow and gel, I expect a really good push next year for promotion.