2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by jjrgreeney »

Aces wrote:
jjrgreeney wrote:just waiting for viviani to be announced, I think we will be sorted on the CM front then. just need to get a CB, winger and a striker in.
I totally agree mate, it would be great if Viviani is announced today and like you say, we need new players in other areas as well. If we get them, I think this team will form the basis of a good young team for the future. I don't expect us to be great at first, but once they all get to know each other and grow and gel, I expect a really good push next year for promotion.

yeh my thoughts exactly, just need another winger to add options and natural width al though poleon and doukara can play up there in a front three, a striker purely down to share the goal share I would like Chris Wood personally. and a CB because I still think we need some one in next to JP as tom Lees and Wooton haven't shown enough for me. Wooton may be the answer but injuries and been in and out of the team - bit similar to Pearce'[ first season, has hindered him.
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
Bull_23
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Bull_23 »

I think leeds need other becchio, other player with that style game
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Latest reports on Twitter (source is allegedly Salerno) state that Viviani deal has fallen through (potentially as a result of his team being distinctly unimpressed by the game the other night), but that deals are almost in place for 5 more players.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Dr Joe Dobbs @DrDobbsLUFC · 22h
€4 million + add ons bid accepted from Leeds United to sign Andy Delort. More to follow. #LUFC
Salerno said not to rule it out. However deal is now unlikely. Delort wasn't looking to move to England. #lufc
Delort's agent being difficult. Wasn't clear but said, 'work relationships' would have been a problem. #lufc

Dr Joe Dobbs @DrDobbsLUFC · 21h
Viviani deal may have fallen through at the last minute. Cellino personally meeting Viviani and his agent Pocetta this evening. #lufc
Great news. Some real movements, Viviani deal looks off however 5 players are expected to sign within the week. Source- Salerno #lufc
Anyway back to my job. Salerno's told me just 25 minutes ago to expect 3 signings before Sunday. (1/2). #lufc
Salerno noted how we could have had 10 signings by now but 'personal terms' we hard to get by. (2/2). #lufc

The chap had a phone call with Salerno, he claims.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

SiMamu wrote:Dr Joe Dobbs @DrDobbsLUFC · 22h
€4 million + add ons bid accepted from Leeds United to sign Andy Delort. More to follow. #LUFC
Salerno said not to rule it out. However deal is now unlikely. Delort wasn't looking to move to England. #lufc
Delort's agent being difficult. Wasn't clear but said, 'work relationships' would have been a problem. #lufc

Viviani deal may have fallen through at the last minute. Cellino personally meeting Viviani and his agent Pocetta this evening. #lufc
Great news. Some real movements, Viviani deal looks off however 5 players are expected to sign within the week. Source- Salerno #lufc
Anyway back to my job. Salerno's told me just 25 minutes ago to expect 3 signings before Sunday. (1/2). #lufc
Salerno noted how we could have had 10 signings by now but 'personal terms' we hard to get by. (2/2). #lufc

This is what I was referring to. Is it really 'great news' that the Viviani deal has fallen through?
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Leonickroberts wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Dr Joe Dobbs @DrDobbsLUFC · 22h

This is what I was referring to. Is it really 'great news' that the Viviani deal has fallen through?
Doubt its anything to do with the performance in the friendly, bit pathetic if it was and not the sort of player I'd want at ER. It'll be more to do with trying to get more money thats why his agent is still talking to Cellino.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Bull_23
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Bull_23 »

Any new forward?
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Leonickroberts wrote:Latest reports on Twitter (source is allegedly Salerno) state that Viviani deal has fallen through (potentially as a result of his team being distinctly unimpressed by the game the other night), but that deals are almost in place for 5 more players.
If he's going to change his mind based on watching an experimental team play a pre-season friendly, it's probably best if he got back on the plane. :roll:
stephenneilwhite
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by stephenneilwhite »

by Leonickroberts » 16 minutes ago

I don't think many will see this as good news, but I thought they were going to talk again this evening and I can't find any confirmation of this being over
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 9m
Viviani's camp say negotiations with Leeds are still not complete. Say they are "waiting for answers from the president (Cellino)." #lufc
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."