2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by Aaron »

SiMamu wrote:
SG90 wrote:What's going on with Delort? Is he still at Tours? Come on Massimo, get him in too :thumbup:
Not happening. Like with Bellusci, couldn't agree personal terms after agreeing a 4m euros fee.
Atletico is probably more appealing too.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Emanuele Giulianelli ‏@EmaGiulianelli · 9m
+++ "Negotiations for Viviani are going on" words by Nicola Salerno #lufc +++
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

dangermouse wrote:I don't expect us to sign someone with 5 back to back 20 goal seasons behind them. I'd just like someone who has proved they can do it, or look capable of doing it like Delort or Wood. I want players who are on an upward curve who can develop further here and bring us to the next level, like Vivianni or even Agard. Not someone on a downward spiral hoping to turn things around like Aquafresh. We have enough of those already. Hopefully the positive news on Vvianni is a sign of things to come.

Well we haven't had any signings over the last ten years that have managed to get us back to the premiership, that includes McCormack, hopefully these new signings will be the start of a new great era for us.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

Apparently we are being linked with Palace striker Glen Murray
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

Aces wrote:
dangermouse wrote:I don't expect us to sign someone with 5 back to back 20 goal seasons behind them. I'd just like someone who has proved they can do it, or look capable of doing it like Delort or Wood. I want players who are on an upward curve who can develop further here and bring us to the next level, like Vivianni or even Agard. Not someone on a downward spiral hoping to turn things around like Aquafresh. We have enough of those already. Hopefully the positive news on Vvianni is a sign of things to come.

Well we haven't had any signings over the last ten years that have managed to get us back to the premiership, that includes McCormack, hopefully these new signings will be the start of a new great era for us.
We had quite a few players that were good enough to get us back, but instead of building around them, we sold them all. But yes, let's hope we see evidence soon that things are changing.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Viduka95 wrote:Apparently we are being linked with Palace striker Glen Murray
Just checked his stats out, he hasn't done that bad to be fair, but ..... Almost 31, another final big pay contract player, like Hunt and Morison. He might be better than them, I don't know, but I don't like ageing strikers, if he was 28 I would be happy with that and I know players can play until they are in their 50s, but it doesn't sit well with me. If he comes, then I hope he wants to be here and tries his hardest, unlike the other two I've mentioned.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

I know Hunt has his limitations, but I wouldn't list not trying his hardest among them.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Top goal scorer in the Championship in 12/13, only out scored by Messi in league competitions worldwide. I don't think he's the kind of striker we need though, very similar to Becchio. We need a complete striker. Murray missed almost all of last season with an injury he got in the playoff semi finals the previous year, the fact he's had such a serious injury raises concerns for me.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

dangermouse wrote:I know Hunt has his limitations, but I wouldn't list not trying his hardest among them.
I can't say I've seen enough of him myself to pass full judgement, so that might be a tad harsh. Plenty of others, not just on here have had plenty to say about him, none of it good. If he rocks it this year, I'm sure all will be forgiven.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:
Top goal scorer in the Championship in 12/13, only out scored by Messi in league competitions worldwide. I don't think he's the kind of striker we need though, very similar to Becchio. We need a complete striker. Murray missed almost all of last season with an injury he got in the playoff semi finals the previous year, the fact he's had such a serious injury raises concerns for me.
Great info again Si, cheers. :thumbup: :clap: