2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:
dangermouse wrote:I know Hunt has his limitations, but I wouldn't list not trying his hardest among them.
I can't say I've seen enough of him myself to pass full judgement, so that might be a tad harsh. Plenty of others, not just on here have had plenty to say about him, none of it good. If he rocks it this year, I'm sure all will be forgiven.
Doesn't mean he doesn't work hard. Hunt isn't very good technically, but he certainly works very hard. He just doesn't do much else that other strikers are renowned for doing.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:
Aces wrote:
dangermouse wrote:I know Hunt has his limitations, but I wouldn't list not trying his hardest among them.
I can't say I've seen enough of him myself to pass full judgement, so that might be a tad harsh. Plenty of others, not just on here have had plenty to say about him, none of it good. If he rocks it this year, I'm sure all will be forgiven.
Doesn't mean he doesn't work hard. Hunt isn't very good technically, but he certainly works very hard. He just doesn't do much else that other strikers are renowned for doing.
Still isn't what we want though is it? He isn't doing what we signed him for, maybe he can turn it around, but so far, he's scored Nowt, created ..... ????? And we don't want another similar aged signing following in his foot steps. Personally I think it would drive me crackers, if another one joined us and gave as little to the team as Hunt and Morison have.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I'm not justifying Hunt, I think he's a bad signing too and would love to offload him, alongside Morison. But your original post made it seem you were calling Hunt lazy like Morison.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:I'm not justifying Hunt, I think he's a bad signing too and would love to offload him, alongside Morison. But your original post made it seem you were calling Hunt lazy like Morison.
Lazy, disinterested, not giving 100% it all adds up to the same really. Having said that, apart from Ross, most of the team were like that at some time or other last year, that's why they played the worst football in living memory.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:
SiMamu wrote:I'm not justifying Hunt, I think he's a bad signing too and would love to offload him, alongside Morison. But your original post made it seem you were calling Hunt lazy like Morison.
Lazy, disinterested, not giving 100% it all adds up to the same really. Having said that, apart from Ross, most of the team were like that at some time or other last year, that's why they played the worst football in living memory.
But Hunt isn't lazy, disinterested or not giving 100%, he's just not very good.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

I've read that both Federico Viviani and Zan Benedicic comes on loan.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

@EmaGiulianelli: +++ Viviani's agent: very close to sign. #lufc +++

This was at 9.45 pm - so has this Vivian fella signed or not?

Given I've never heard of him before the last few days, what's he like. Has anyone seen him play?
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Mellor wrote:@EmaGiulianelli: +++ Viviani's agent: very close to sign. #lufc +++

This was at 9.45 pm - so has this Vivian fella signed or not?

Given I've never heard of him before the last few days, what's he like. Has anyone seen him play?
He sits at the base of the midfield, compared to both Pirlo and de Rossi. Giullianelli said that on a scale of 1 to Pirlo, he's a 6.5.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

So he's like Kilkenney :D
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Mellor wrote:So he's like Kilkenney :D
Yes, but hopefully a better tackler and fitter.