2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by Aces »

Mellor wrote:Our most exciting close season in some time. The amount of negativity around surprises me really. Some people have to retire abroad to watch continental talent. We now have it in our own back yard. Still don't know who any of them are but look forward to getting acquainted with them in the coming months.
Being a positive person, I haven't really noticed much negativity TBH. I think we are at the beginning of a new Leeds united crusade under Massimo Cellino and it's about bloody time.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Aces wrote:
Mellor wrote:Our most exciting close season in some time. The amount of negativity around surprises me really. Some people have to retire abroad to watch continental talent. We now have it in our own back yard. Still don't know who any of them are but look forward to getting acquainted with them in the coming months.
Being a positive person, I haven't really noticed much negativity TBH. I think we are at the beginning of a new Leeds united crusade under Massimo Cellino and it's about bloody time.
You've not missed Cork White then who's thrown the towel in as a result of what he saw as too much negativity?
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Aces wrote:
As treasurer of our SC I attended our AGM on Monday evening, never seen so much negativity, tbh I despaired at what I was hearing. Our fans seem to forget we were appalling for the last two seasons. Just because their overrated idols McDermott & McCormack have gone they seem to think we are destined for relegation

Unbelievable !
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Viduka95 wrote:
Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP 1m
Hockaday on Tom Lees and Sheffield Wednesday's interest: "I'm hearing things but I'm not sure. Let's see what tomorrow brings."
I would only want him to leave if we got in a replacement and it was a good enough deal for Tom, I think he had a horrendous season last season, however I don't think he is a bad CB to be honest, would rather see him given another chance, but even if we keep him, we still need another CB.
Mr Hoof leaving LUFC is music to my ears, how this lad has played at U21 international level astounds me, begs the question what the Owls see in him after last seasons Hillsborough fiasco is beyond me :shock:
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

I do think we need two to three quality players still but I can't wait to get going , we all think the same about The Hock whether your in the positive camp or running for the hills awaiting the great LUFC flood but you do get the impression people want us to fail straight away so they can jump out of the bush waving their big "told you so" foam finger in the air, never mind we could be on minus 20 points in league one .

MOT
jslufcAUS
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by jslufcAUS »

SiMamu wrote:
Aces wrote:
SiMamu wrote:I'd rather see him doing what he's being signed to do - ping passes and make tackles. A YouTube compilation can make any player look good.

Even Hunt? :lol:
:lol: :clap: put hunt upfront and double his wages!
jslufcAUS
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by jslufcAUS »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28553904

Blackpool signed Nathan Delfouneso from villa so I guess he's not coming here. Think Blackpool have about 3 players now?
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

I think we need to address this accusation of too much negativity. I would imagine that my own musings would be construed by some as "too negative". A few points worth taking into consideration

- This forum has a range of opinions, which are always in my opinion put forward in a considered, constructive way, whatever the view point. I don't see what is so terrible on here that has caused Cork White to leave. If he has a look at Twitter and some other forums, he will see some much more robust and direct criticism than we will ever see here. I have a feeling he will be back before too long.

- Alot of what is being branded as "negative" are simply legitimate questions and concerns about the club. Some people see this as a real turning point as we have brought some players in from abroad, others will point out we have sold our top scorer without yet replacing him, and employed a non league coach and a business man to manage the team, as legitimate reasons to be concerned. In my opinion many people are too quick to believe and accept everything. After the 10 years we have just been through I find it hard not to dig deeper into everything we are fed. On saying that I respect others opinion. I believe my opinion is correct, they believe their opinion is correct. Only time will tell what will happen for sure.

- Rather unfairly people who question, are sometimes accused of not supporting the club. "Get behind the team!" we are told. I have also seen it said we want the club to fail so to be able to say "I told you so". I can assure you the last thing anyone wants to is for the team to fail. If this current squad and management race up the Championship in the next few months I will be delighted to be proved wrong. Similarly I would never attend a game and boo the team or individuals. On match day I offer my support like everyone else. I do however reserve my right to have an opinion and ask questions. Asking questions and having a different opinion to the standard club position does not mean we do not support the team.

- Finally what makes this forum great is the range of opinions and the debate that creates. If everyone thought the same we would have very little to talk about!
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

DM, the point I made about people wanting the team to fail so they can have a pop was not meant as a go at folk on here but more about the general feeling I get that we're all doomed from the start, we may well be , and yes we all want the same thing, Leeds doing well, my own opinion is that I will wait till we kick a ball in anger and if its looks like its going south I will be as arsed off with it as the next fan and let feelings known.

I have the upmost respect for everyone on here and whatever their opinions are , as like I said WE ALL want the same thing.

MOT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Nigel Reo-Coker has been offered the chance of a return to England with Leeds United. (The Sun)
Why are we signing so many central midfielders? Viviani, Bianchi, Benendicic and Reo-Coker. We've already got Austin, Murphy, Cook, Mowatt, Thompson, Norris and Tonge. Are we going to release the latter two and loan Thompson out? To be fair, Reo-Coker would provide some much needed leadership - really can't see who should be captain. Pearce isn't performing particularly impressive, whilst Murphy still floats in and out of games, despite us playing passing football - right now he's the most at risk of losing his place in the midfield to Viviani or Mowatt. Austin's the only one who's imposed himself on games, and I don't want him as captain again - no, thank you.
West Yorkshire Sport ‏@WYSDaily · 1h
NEWS: Chesterfield chief exec Chris Turner tells BBC they've turned down #lufc bid for defender Liam Cooper. No 2nd bid at this stage.
Apparently the bid was in the region of £500k, but Chesterfield want £1m. We can get better for that kind of money, Sol Bamba is available for £500k - although on higher wages and with reported Leicester interest. Cooper's 5ft11, so I imagine he must be quick(ish) for a CB.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."