2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by Selby White »

dangermouse wrote:SG90, for attacking midfielder how about giving Dawson a chance? Is Benedicic anymore experienced or better? Like to see Dawson get a run, especially after tonight.
Wouldn't throw him into league fixtures yet but think it would be good to give him (or/and other promising young players) a chance in the league cup, the Accrington match is ideal.
To one of your questions i think Benedicic has been playing at a higher youth level, think he was a regular in the Milan team that won a International youth cup (quite a big event) plus he has more international caps.
Who is better ? not a clue as have only seen bits of Dawson and not yet seen Benedicic. Will be a good thing if we have two potential top attacking midfielders in our team, whats the chances of both playing in the same team ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

dangermouse wrote:Well we will have no problem with competition for places in CM. We could almost name a full team of them!
Last year our midfield was really poor, probably as bad as our defence. Hopefully this year, three or four midfielders show good form on a regular basis, which will result in far better team performances.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

My starting midfield right now, if we sign Viviani:
-----------Austin
------Murphy-Viviani
-----------Bianchi
Think we lack a bit of mobility, someone who can carry the ball.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Aces wrote: Last year our midfield was really poor, probably as bad as our defence. Hopefully this year, three or four midfielders show good form on a regular basis, which will result in far better team performances.
Yep, agreed. At the start of pre-season, the one area I wanted us to improve more than most was the midfield, which wasn't good enough last year. As long as our midfielders can keep hold of the ball comfortably, which looks likely, then there will be no need for hoofball and we can create more chances. I read on Squawka earlier that we created the seventh fewest chances in the league last season, which explains a lot about our lack of goals.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

SiMamu wrote:My starting midfield right now, if we sign Viviani:
-----------Austin
------Murphy-Viviani
-----------Bianchi
--------------------------Viviani
---------------Murphy-------------Mowatt
-------------------------Bianchi
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SG90 wrote:
-----------Austin
------Murphy-Viviani
-----------Bianchi
--------------------------Viviani
---------------Murphy-------------Mowatt
-------------------------Bianchi
Still lacks mobility. Austin's needed in there for defensive solidarity and to cover Byram, of which he seemed to be doing vs. Swindon. Austin's been decent so far in pre season.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

-----------Austin
------Murphy-Viviani
-----------Bianchi
Don't think you are far out with what will start at Milwall.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

always sad to see an academy product go, but I think most people will agree that our defense hasn't been to any sort of standard for the past 3 seasons? Lees gave everything he had and I wont slate the lad too much but he wasn't good enough IMO, few people arguing over tiwtter how he could have been good with a decent player in next to him but I don't agree he lacked positional sense, aerial ability and ball skills. do wish him the best of luck at the Wendies though he was a great servant to the club.

in response to the CM's coming to collect the ball discussion, defenders shouldn't rely on that constantly if you look at proper CB's I could list a load but I will use Ferdinand in his prime as an example, if he had the ball and no options on he would often carry the ball up the field to commit a forward which would free up the space to give the ball in to the midfield, it works both way.
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Every day when I come on here, I hope to see a new thread stating we have signed Viviani. I hope it's today, or tomorrow at the latest.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Just checking out our transfer rumours and I've come across this. I know none of us want him, but if he comes, could he do a strikers job for us in the championship?

Leeds United 'to offer contract to Nile Ranger'
© Getty Images

By Mark Langshaw, Reporter
Filed: Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 00:17 UK
Last Updated: Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 00:17 UK
Leeds United are reportedly planning to offer a contract to troubled striker Nile Ranger.

Whites owner Massimo Cellino is flying in on Friday to open talks with the former Newcastle United forward, according to The Mirror.

Ranger, who was sacked by Swindon Town earlier this year, has pledged to clean up his act following a season marred by off-the-field incidents.

The player has appeared in court several times, but no longer has any police charges hanging over him.