Tom Lees completes transfer to Wednesday

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Tom Lees completes transfer to Wednesday

Post by Aces »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Murphy doesn't impose himself on games enough, seems intimidated by playing for the club.

Youngsters need time and faith, as well as coaching. Just feels like laziness, selling him. To be honest though, this gives some insight into the unrest in the dressing room, if the boyhood fan who has been here for 8 years is unhappy with things.
That been the problem for a long time, They the Players have had it far to easy and been getting paid good wages/salary.

We have a new owner who has come in and upset the cart and of course the players dont like it one bit as it means they have to start earning their money or bale out.

It seperates the men from the boys and only those willing to stand up and be counted will be left.

If that means 20 players leave over a period of time good and well.
I agree mate, it's time for a massive change in attitude from our squad, ten years of mediocrity has to come to an end and hopefully that's now. Maybe Lees knows he isn't good enough and thinks he's got a better chance of playing at a lesser club. I personally don't see him playing any higher than the championship, but ..... You never know.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

rigger wrote:This whole affair saddens me.
I think he'll have a decent career.
He's no Woodgate, but he could get to the Prem and do alright in a couple of years if he gets the right coaching. A bit like Kilgallon - another good player we let go too easily for my liking.
I agree. Sadness is the word for what I feel. Sad for him and us that this is how it turned out when we all hoped to be promoted with him as the anchor of our back line. Instead he goes off to find his way while we try and do the same. It is just sad.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

He's a very ordinary player. His development, such as it is, stalled long ago. We've sold much better players. Infact, Peltier was a much better player. Crainey, Harding, Richardson were all better players. We must improve our defending, it's the number one priority. Isn't that what the new management team are trying to do?
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

Yep. And the fact that the move makes sense makes me sadder.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

No need to be sad, this is how to leave a club with your head held high, dignity intact and with a spring in your step - compare and contrast with Ross:

The 23-year-old told the YEP: “I’d just like to thank the president and the manager for the way they’ve dealt with me over the past few weeks, specifically in relation to this transfer.

“I’ve been at the club since I was eight and it was an honour to wear the shirt of the club I supported as a boy.

“However, I felt now was the right time to move on. I wish the club, the players and the fans all the best going forward.”

Nice to see C and Hock given a decent write up.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

All the best Tom, hope you do well at Wednesday bar the 2 times when we play you and you can have a shocker ;)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Mellor wrote:He's a very ordinary player. His development, such as it is, stalled long ago. We've sold much better players. Infact, Peltier was a much better player. Crainey, Harding, Richardson were all better players. We must improve our defending, it's the number one priority. Isn't that what the new management team are trying to do?
Being a hoofer he was never going to be in Cellino's plans, once again MC calls it correct :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I wish the lad well never quiet made it in my opinion.
Winner of the Europa League
Ian Harte89
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Ian Harte89 »

There are still bad.

you can not give in what potentially can be our best defender and that among other things the past few years has been (apart from any serious errors) after all our certainty in that role. then, even for an emotional issue, I would think several times before giving away a guy developed in our academy and it still has not shown its full potential. as for now we only central Pearce, Killock and Wootton is no fully convince me for different reasons (the first is currently our best central but not fully satisfy me, the second and the third has few experience has played too little to be accurately evaluated ), so we need a strong central defender with good experience (or perhaps Hockaday wants to play with three central defenders and maybe Skelton as a possible third / fourth choice with Killock)

anyway, good luck Tom
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

He never fulfilled his potential. Not alone though, Aidy White must be looking over his shoulder (although did quite well against Mansfield).

Good luck to him.