2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by ben87 »

Saw on fb that Adryan and Powell loan deals to be announced in next 48 hours, again, don't know how reliable that is
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Kieron Agard signs for Bristol City:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28878452

Bristol cant be paying more than us in wages surely.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Kieron Agard signs for Bristol City:-

That really is a very weird one! Remind me of Kilkenny going there a few years ago when we refused to give him an improved contract and he said he would go to a better place!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Kieron Agard signs for Bristol City:-

Probably are, think we were only looking at him as a squad player so wouldn't be offering that much.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Bristol City are one of the richest clubs outside the Premiership.

Their owner has a massive vision for the future of the city, let alone the football club. He's already brought the basketball and rugby teams under his umbrella, bought a state-of-the-art coach for any of the Bristol teams to use, upgraded the training facilities, rebuilt one stand with another next summer and produced the new kit for Bristol City in-house, under the name "Bristol Sports".
Luckily he didn't create a "BS" logo to go with it :D
I know Rovers are keen to steer clear of him, but their own position's been weakened by dropping out of the league.
Having said that, I can't imagine either set of fans would want to even consider the possibility of a merger. Sharing a new stadium would be one thing - and very progressive - but not the team itself.

Anyway, the fella is LOADED and I'm sure they'll be promoted this season.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:Bristol City are one of the richest clubs outside the Premiership.

Their owner has a massive vision for the future of the city, let alone the football club. He's already brought the basketball and rugby teams under his umbrella, bought a state-of-the-art coach for any of the Bristol teams to use, upgraded the training facilities, rebuilt one stand with another next summer and produced the new kit for Bristol City in-house, under the name "Bristol Sports".
I know Rovers are keen to steer clear of him, but their own position's been weakened by dropping out of the league.
Having said that, I can't imagine either set of fans would want to even consider the possibility of a merger. Sharing a new stadium would be one thing - and very progressive - but not the team itself.

Good summary - they've also been trying unsuccessfully to get planning permission for a new 30k stadium out on the long ashton bypass, at huge cost. They've got a big fanbase for a city with two teams, and you're bang on, no way the gasheads would ever consider a merger with City, even if City were keen. It's a difficult one really, and one we fortunately don't have to worry about. If Bristol had 1 team they'd have a big enough fanbase to be a potentially top-flight team (ditto Nottingham), whereas they currently have one mediocre and one properly crap side, and loads of miserable fans. On the other hand, who in their right mind would want to merge with their arch-rivals?

Back on the subject of transfers, there's talk on the interwebs of us looking at Davide Marco Faraoni, the RB who had a good season for Watford on loan last year.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

rigger wrote:Bristol City are one of the richest clubs outside the Premiership.

Runs not a really good share platform for those interested.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Leonickroberts wrote: Good summary - they've also been trying unsuccessfully to get planning permission for a new 30k stadium out on the long ashton bypass
That's why I mentioned sharing it :roll: :wave: :wtf: :lol:

I sincerely hope the plans go through and the two clubs DO become the first English clubs to ground-share on a permanent basis.
It just makes so much sense to me, I can't believe it's never happened before ...
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

I've always liked Bristol City, my mate is at Bristol Uni and whenever I go up to see him we always go and watch City play if they're at home, they've got a brilliant chance of getting promoted from League 1 this season and they have an exciting future and because I live in the South West, I would love to see them get up into the Championship and hopefully eventually the Premier League
Anyway this is the transfer thread so anyone know anything on anymore deals? Maybe a move for a loan to permanent is on the cards for Adryan, now that we have an extra space to sign a player on loan. Think we need a creative midfielder like him and some width.
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP 2m
Transfer update: understand that Leeds United are looking to sign Denmark international midfielder Casper Sloth. He's 22, plays for Aarhus.
I've only seen him once and that was against England in one of our pre world cup friendlies which we won 1-0, think he played at RB for that game but not sure he seemed to be all over the field he had a really good game and from what i've read about him he is a technically skilled and creative midfielder, with vision and ability to both up the tempo and hold on to the ball
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!