2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by phil62 »

rigger wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote: Good summary - they've also been trying unsuccessfully to get planning permission for a new 30k stadium out on the long ashton bypass
That's why I mentioned sharing it :roll: :wave: :wtf: :lol:

I sincerely hope the plans go through and the two clubs DO become the first English clubs to ground-share on a permanent basis.
It just makes so much sense to me, I can't believe it's never happened before ...
If it's good enough for Inter and AC Milan - then surely it's good enough for Bristol City. Suggest we ground share with Huddersfield (joke)
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY · 41m
#lufc Hearing David Hockaday is yet to be convinced by Aarhus midfielder Casper Sloth but club is interested as reported by @PhilHayYEP .
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Bloody hell we don't need any more sloth....it is enthusiasm and pace we need!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

dlw10 wrote:Bloody hell we don't need any more sloth....it is enthusiasm and pace we need!

:lol: :clap:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:We are looking to trim the squad:
http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/ar ... p?a=367762
Most of last years squad are out, or on the way out and it's their own fault IMO. The only player I would have kept was Ross, but ..... We all know what he did, the kissing the badge and being captain stuff, but hankering for a big money pay day move to a lesser club, was his real desire. The sooner they are all gone the better, we can then start building a team that's worthy of representing the Mighty Leeds United.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:
SiMamu wrote:We are looking to trim the squad:
http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/ar ... p?a=367762
Most of last years squad are out, or on the way out and it's their own fault IMO. The only player I would have kept was Ross, but ..... We all know what he did, the kissing the badge and being captain stuff, but hankering for a big money pay day move to a lesser club, was his real desire. The sooner they are all gone the better, we can then start building a team that's worthy of representing the Mighty Leeds United.
We still need to offload the likes of Norris, Morison and Hunt. As well as loaning out players like Thompson and Cairns.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I agree Si. Cellino said early on in his tenure that he was shocked at how much some of our players were on, when he had watched them play and thought like the rest of us, that they were very average at best. He was certain he could bring in better players, on far less wages. It still has to be seen whether the new players are better than what we had. It is too early to say, they need to play together, but the main factor to me, is the average age of the first team, must have dropped considerably. Young, fit and capable players who can become a very good team in about a year to 18 months must be our aim. It might be rough at first, which it is and there will be plenty ups and downs, but what alternative is there? It's not as though we have been bought out by mega rich Arabs, we haven't, but in Cellino we look as though we have an owner who has a vision, a plan, to get us back in to the premiership eventually.
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

Was reading a bit about Adryan and noticed a little bit about Leeds being interested in a former AC Milan youth product, Davide de Gennaro who is an attacking midfielder.

I have no clue about this player or the validity of the reported interest but here's the link

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/leeds- ... er-adryan/
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Aces wrote:I agree Si. Cellino said early on in his tenure that he was shocked at how much some of our players were on, when he had watched them play and thought like the rest of us, that they were very average at best. He was certain he could bring in better players, on far less wages. It still has to be seen whether the new players are better than what we had. It is too early to say, they need to play together, but the main factor to me, is the average age of the first team, must have dropped considerably. Young, fit and capable players who can become a very good team in about a year to 18 months must be our aim. It might be rough at first, which it is and there will be plenty ups and downs, but what alternative is there? It's not as though we have been bought out by mega rich Arabs, we haven't, but in Cellino we look as though we have an owner who has a vision, a plan, to get us back in to the premiership eventually.
Well said Aces. Look at Derby - Clough assembled a squad of youngsters that Maclaren has benefitted from - they were unfortunate not to be promoted last season and outplayed QPR at Wembley. Youth is definitely MC policy - just think we need one older head in the side (where's Strachan when you need him). I suppose Tonge is the closest but I think he's probably a little bit past his best now.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”