Next Leeds United head coach discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Next Leeds United head coach discussions

Post by USA for Leeds »

I'd forgotten about Tony Pulis. I like what he's done, he is probably my top choice...other than myself, of course.

BarlowBoy and NikosAGr, you will both be welcome additions to my coaching staff, with you now added:

rigger will be appointed Tactical Coach.
SiMamu will be Director of Scouting.
Mellor will be charged with Current Player Accountability.
johnh will be Training Director.
Bogdan will handle Public Relations.
davidbattyspants will be in charge of kit design.
BarlowBoy will be appointed Chief of Opponent Scouting
NikosAGr1985 will be Director of Making Sure We Don't Suck Anymore.

Neil Redfearn will continue as Academy Director so that when I am sacked in three months, he can become manager for the fourth time.
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

Steve Clarke is now 5/2 to get the job, his odds have dropped from 40/1.
Wouldn't mind him at all, was always a fan of him at West Brom and I was shocked when they sacked him.
Think he could do the job but he would need time and space to change the team to how he sees fit.
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

I know that he's ex scum, but René Meulensteen could be a perfect fit for Cellino.

He was head coach at scum and would have had little, if any, input into signings, so would not have a problem working with Cellino's players.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

MOT1964 wrote:I know that he's ex scum, but René Meulensteen could be a perfect fit for Cellino.

He was head coach at scum and would have had little, if any, input into signings, so would not have a problem working with Cellino's players.
He wasn't head coach at Man United, he was just part of the coaching staff.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

According to reports (here's one from The Yorkshire Post), it seems Johnny Giles agrees with those who think Cellino should appoint himself as the next head coach.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-6812567
johhny757
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by johhny757 »

According to a few people, Cellino approached Pullis last night and he said he was not interested in the job.

That's a disappointment if true, however it does suggest that Cellino now understands that he needs someone with experience and credibility to get us moving in the right direction.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 3m
Clarke is said to be receptive to the idea of coaching Leeds. Long, long way from shaking hands though. #lufc
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

SiMamu wrote:
MOT1964 wrote:I know that he's ex scum, but René Meulensteen could be a perfect fit for Cellino.

Not a bad call
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

johhny757 wrote:According to a few people, Cellino approached Pullis last night and he said he was not interested in the job.

That's a disappointment if true, however it does suggest that Cellino now understands that he needs someone with experience and credibility to get us moving in the right direction.
He might have thought that in the summer, too, but there were few such managers available. Now there are more to choose from. Could it all have been part of a diabolical Cellino plan??? Probably not. If it was, it was a really stupid plan.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

USA for Leeds wrote:
johhny757 wrote:According to a few people, Cellino approached Pullis last night and he said he was not interested in the job.

He might have thought that in the summer, too, but there were few such managers available. Now there are more to choose from. Could it all have been part of a diabolical Cellino plan??? Probably not. If it was, it was a really stupid plan.
Cupid Stunt
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders