Next Leeds United head coach discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Next Leeds United head coach discussions

Post by SG90 »

I would like someone who would shore up the defence, since we've been poor for so many years in that area. Garcia is still my favourite.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

DublinLeedsFan wrote:I know Cellino's money has saved us from the unthinkable, but Leeds hero Johnny Giles is right when he says the guy is a "headbanger". Massivego won't appoint a "name" manager/coach because he - and he alone - wants to run the show.

Giles' statement has been referenced earlier in the thread, but it's worth another read IMO.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/english/ ... ke-charge/
I think every name mentioned on the odds list, is a "name" manager as you put it, even the favourite Roland Maran. I hope it's Clarke, or Garcia, but what looks for certain, is that we won't be getting a Hock Mark 2 replacement. It's going to be a good acquisition I feel certain of that and it should appease the masses.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:
DublinLeedsFan wrote:I know Cellino's money has saved us from the unthinkable, but Leeds hero Johnny Giles is right when he says the guy is a "headbanger". Massivego won't appoint a "name" manager/coach because he - and he alone - wants to run the show.

Giles' statement has been referenced earlier in the thread, but it's worth another read IMO.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/english/ ... ke-charge/
I think every name mentioned on the odds list, is a "name" manager as you put it, even the favourite Roland Maran. I hope it's Clarke, or Garcia, but what looks for certain, is that we won't be getting a Hock Mark 2 replacement. It's going to be a good acquisition I feel certain of that and it should appease the masses.
Neil Aspin's on the odds list, who is the current manager of top of the conference Halifax Town. But he has the bonus of being an ex-Leeds player.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

I think it's more important than ever to get a good manager in now, someone who can really help develop these young guys like Cook, Adryan, Benedicic, Poleon ect
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

I think Clarke should be nailed on.

1. Out of work - would therefore probably accept a salary sub £500k.
2. Nothing to lose - if sacked by mc, it's him who is a nut job; if a success move on or get a better deal.
3. Credible appointment - but not too strong as to not allow cellinios interference.
4. Always been number 2 or coach.

Downside is his connection with Zola who appears to dislike MC.

Bring him in failing that macca back.

Would like to understand what happened with naylor. Let's leave redders as the glue of the club. Will be interesting to see who's brought in below him.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

isrodger wrote:I think Clarke should be nailed on.

2. Nothing to lose - if sacked by mc, it's him who is a nut job; if a success move on or get a better deal.
3. Credible appointment - but not too strong as to not allow cellinios interference.

Would like to understand what happened with naylor. Let's leave redders as the glue of the club. Will be interesting to see who's brought in below him.
Cellino says "no big name" tho so surely that would rule out Clarke?
Scoop
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Scoop »

MC will no doubt appoint Neil Redfearn!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

dlw10 wrote:
isrodger wrote:I think Clarke should be nailed on.

Cellino says "no big name" tho so surely that would rule out Clarke?
They are almost all big names on the odds list, even the favourite Rolando Maran. Unless it is someone not on the list, like another Dave. Even Cellino isn't that stupid, is he?
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

Scoop wrote:MC will no doubt appoint Neil Redfearn!
I have a feeling that this may be the most natural way. Redfearn has already done much to the club, and even done a remarkable job in the long run for the development squad. He may be the right man as head coach, even in the long run. But if this means that he will be sacked from the club in the near future if the results isn't good enough, it's safer for him and the club if he remains with the youngsters. :)
bootheel white
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by bootheel white »

just read on BBC football page, Rolando Maran is the favorite for the Managers job. Please say it aint so! it stated Oscar Garcia is the second choice, Gary Mac third. if all this is correct I say personally , I wont to see Oscar Garcia manager. I have stated this all along. he is a very smart and organized manager. Please Massimo don't pick Maran! Do what is best for Super Leeds and pick Mr. Oscar Garcia. no more wild manager choices! Oscar would be a solid and intelligent pick oh powerful one!!