2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by SiMamu »

Would rate this window as 6/10 as we've failed to address our fundamental weakness: our lack of pace.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

SiMamu wrote:Would rate this window as 6/10 as we've failed to address our fundamental weakness: our lack of pace.
Adryan?
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

i would rate this window 7/10 if we do actually buy Elland road back as promised.if you look at it with the next 2-3 years in mind it looks quite promising.the average age of the players bought is quite low.i imagine its hoped the younger lads will blossom into quality premier league players and maybe the likes of sharp(great signing imo) to get us there.we have rid ourselves of alot of dead weight and those disappointed with smith leaving today have to be honest he will never be good enough for premier league football.getting all the new lads to gel is the difficult part.its hard to even know what our best team would even look like right now or what good partnerships will develop.another positive note is redders played a few young lads at bolton and they seemed up to it in fairness.and considering we didnt sign danny welbeck to cover our striker crisis ill give it a push up to 8/10
mis
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by mis »

I'm actually fan of Smith too. Its true that he was not flexible with only one dimension way of playing him but to let go of him was a disappointment! I thought the statement of intent was to keep him? In that case, why offer him an new improved contract? I just hope that he & Ross Mccormack will not be back to haunt us!!

Right now, we definitely need a quality coach to get the best out of current players....
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

corkleedsmot wrote:i would rate this window 7/10 if we do actually buy Elland road back as promised.if you look at it with the next 2-3 years in mind it looks quite promising.the average age of the players bought is quite low.i imagine its hoped the younger lads will blossom into quality premier league players and maybe the likes of sharp(great signing imo) to get us there.we have rid ourselves of alot of dead weight and those disappointed with smith leaving today have to be honest he will never be good enough for premier league football.getting all the new lads to gel is the difficult part.its hard to even know what our best team would even look like right now or what good partnerships will develop.another positive note is redders played a few young lads at bolton and they seemed up to it in fairness.and considering we didnt sign danny welbeck to cover our striker crisis ill give it a push up to 8/10
This is why now getting a quality manager is so, so important now.
The week off will be good to getall the lads together as well
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

I'm not that thrilled about selling Poleon. To me he never got the chance really. The times I saw him play he was full of pace. :(
The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by The Johnson »

SMorientes wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Apparently Fulham want Matt Smith and Mark Hudson because they were McCormack's best mates at Leeds and Cardiff, respectively.

Noel Hunt was good mates with McCormack too...
That's a mental way to choose what players to buy
I'm going to go out on a limb here...

That's not true.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Good luck to Smith & Poleon as others feel I'd have preferred Morison & Hunt going but hardly surprising seems no one wanted them.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SiMamu wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Aaron wrote:Poleon gone to Oldham on a permanent deal.
Let me guess, oh yes, undisclosed fee.
Mate, most clubs don't reveal their transfer fees and only refer to the fee as 'undisclosed', no point getting annoyed about it. Only Man Utd tend to reveal their fees.
My gripe is against the system Si, not just Leeds.

We buy our season tickets, shirts, tops, cups, flags, scarves, hats, put money over the bar for beer, pop and food so I think we are entitled to know how our money is spent. I partake in all of the above purchases (ok, I haven't got a flag), and I completely appreciate this is small fry in the whole scheme of things, but nevertheless I along with thousands of others put money in the pot and I think we should get told where it goes
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

SiMamu wrote:Would rate this window as 6/10 as we've failed to address our fundamental weakness: our lack of pace.
Montenegro, Adryan and Ajose. The biggest issues for us were the defence and a lack of creativity and we've addressed both imo.