2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
jslufcAUS
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by jslufcAUS »

USA for Leeds wrote:Poleon has had two years and done nothing. Good business.
Smith didn't fit the system, and we got a sizable fee. Good business.

We can't get rid of Hunt or Morison because they are crap and no one wants them. If someone did, I'm sure they would be gone.
My thoughts exactly mate
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

The Johnson wrote:
SMorientes wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Apparently Fulham want Matt Smith and Mark Hudson because they were McCormack's best mates at Leeds and Cardiff, respectively.

Noel Hunt was good mates with McCormack too...
That's a mental way to choose what players to buy
I'm going to go out on a limb here...

That's not true.

Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Rumours on copious unreliable sources that we're back in for Pavoletti, presumably using the 'loan to buy' (then buy after a month anyway) model. Given that we signed Doukara on a permanent it does seem likely that we'll get another player in when the loan window opens.

Pavoletti's been in reasonably high demand from a number of Serie A teams (Genoa, Palermo, Cesena), scored lots of goals last season, but is still another striker that we probably don't need, even after Smith's departure.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I wonder how much influence Ross McCormack had on the transfer of Matt Smith? It is unlikely that Fulham wouldn't have sought his opinion and it therefore seems likely that McCormack rates Smith highly. Given our propensity for conceding goals from headers inside the 6 yard box, I hope Smith doesn't play against us.

According to the Telegraph, Becchio is on loan from Norwich to Rotherham.
I once played against Don Revie.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SG90 wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Would rate this window as 6/10 as we've failed to address our fundamental weakness: our lack of pace.
Montenegro, Adryan and Ajose. The biggest issues for us were the defence and a lack of creativity and we've addressed both imo.
The former two aren't that quick though, they're relatively quick but not as quick as say Gradel. Ajose is, but he's more of a prospect and doesn't yet have the final ball. I'd say Adryan and Montenegro are as quick as any other attacking midfielder, like Nasri.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Leonickroberts wrote:Rumours on copious unreliable sources that we're back in for Pavoletti, presumably using the 'loan to buy' (then buy after a month anyway) model. Given that we signed Doukara on a permanent it does seem likely that we'll get another player in when the loan window opens.

Pavoletti's been in reasonably high demand from a number of Serie A teams (Genoa, Palermo, Cesena), scored lots of goals last season, but is still another striker that we probably don't need, even after Smith's departure.

One thing I am sure of is our buying isn't over - I'm not sure we need another forward but I suspect we will see another 2 players come in prior to January.

Targets - Graham, Pavolloti & Powell??
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I would like another striker as back up for Sharp and Antenucci. Can we get one in on loan?
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

isrodger wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:Rumours on copious unreliable sources that we're back in for Pavoletti, presumably using the 'loan to buy' (then buy after a month anyway) model. Given that we signed Doukara on a permanent it does seem likely that we'll get another player in when the loan window opens.

One thing I am sure of is our buying isn't over - I'm not sure we need another forward but I suspect we will see another 2 players come in prior to January.

Targets - Graham, Pavolloti & Powell??
Powell signed for Leicester on a season long loan yesterday.
We can only sign players from England during the emergency loan window. I would like a forward with pace to stretch teams and make space for Sharp, I'm thinking of Chuba Akpom.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
RamseyWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by RamseyWhite »

It’s a long time since we had a big CF who could win a fair percentage of headers & now that Smithy has gone we need to adapt accordingly & pass through our MF.
Sorry to see him go, would have preferred to see the back of Morison or Hunt but maybe as J suggested there might have been a hint of recommendation coming from Ross.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

Firing 70 yard passes in the direction of Smith never has worked. Whipping a ball across the 6 yard box does. That doesn't mean we are playing hoofball. I'd love to see wingers getting to the byline and sticking a cross in because if the ball is good 9/10 Smith will bury it. But it seems Cellino doesn't want to play that way.

My views on the whole transfer window, who knows. I have heard of two of the players we've signed, Taylor and Ajose. The rest I'd never heard of so I'll just have to wait and hope they come good. I wouldn't say I am too impressed with the amount of foreign players we have bought when I believe Cellino said he was only getting 4/5 from abroad? But he's said many things already and then not fulfilled them. Lets just hope these new lads work well with a our new coach and we get some results :D. One thing is for sure though, a player like Adryan is bound to have a bit more flair and technical ability over Brown etc so at least we have some exciting players out there now.