Next Leeds United head coach discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Next Leeds United head coach discussions

Post by isrodger »

Holt Park Loyal wrote:
isrodger wrote:can't see him and massimo getting on
That may actually be a good thing to be honest, YES men will never work under MC our team now need a leader not a face
I think if they dont get on with MC the manager is gone. It's essential there is a good interpersonal relationship, irrespective of te new mans abilities.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Would have liked Garcia, but not too bothered as he doesn't seem to be the most long term appointment out there. He resigned after only one season at both Maccabbi and Brighton. Steve Clarke or Paul Clement would be the option for me.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

It sounds like Clarke is the clear number1 target an Italian journalist, who has more or less been spot on about every transfer, has confirmed it. He clearly has close connections with the club. Let's hope he is appointed by the weekend.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

According to Adam Pope, Steve Clarke would prefer the Fulham job if it becomes available, I think that's why reports have said that Steve Clarke is no rush to sign anything.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Im all for a strong coach to come in and organise the lads into a proper fighting spirited team that start understanding what the word team means, Clarke looks likely to be at the forefront, but something is telling me he wont be the one and Cellino will go for some snotty nosed geek from pizzaria who made a comment in passing about coaching u9's in the western Samoan sunday league, Cellino does not do things according to the good book of football, someone makes his ears stand up for more than ten seconds and his heart falls for them on a whim.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Has Howard Wilkinson retired fully? Would love him to come back and get that good old fashioned english fighting spirit into the foreign legion
SG90

Post by SG90 »

SiMamu wrote:According to Adam Pope, Steve Clarke would prefer the Fulham job if it becomes available, I think that's why reports have said that Steve Clarke is no rush to sign anything.
Well he'll be waiting a while.
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

The good news is the international break allows some (relatively) less frantic time to weigh up head coach options.

But it's more of a poisoned chalice that when McD left. Whilst managerial tenures of a few months don't raise eyebrows like they would have done, say, a couple of years ago, Cellino-Hockaday has set the bar even lower at just 7 competitive games.

He has admitted it was a mistake to appoint him, but given his extensive experience of hiring managers/coaches saying this does not have much credibility.

Candidates with any pedigree, particularly those with Premier League credentials, are going to think twice and several times again given the scenario Cellino has generated.

Another factor is the rag-tag of players that Cellino has bought in. Yes 15 might be an impressive number to some people as documented on the website today, but there isn't a cohesive policy in his acquisitions. To my eyes they're young, the majority non-English - so totally unused to the rigours of the Championship - and play in midfield.

Believe me, it's a huge change for young lads from Paraguay and Brasil to move here, be settled and most importantly play well.

Who would want to take it on? I'd say this points to a foreign coach, and not a particularly known one.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SG90 wrote:
SiMamu wrote:According to Adam Pope, Steve Clarke would prefer the Fulham job if it becomes available, I think that's why reports have said that Steve Clarke is no rush to sign anything.
With Ross and big Smithy on board, Fulham should zoom right up to........... 15th. :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Aces wrote:
SG90 wrote:
With Ross and big Smithy on board, Fulham should zoom right up to........... 15th. :lol:
Strange if he actually is waiting for Fulham. I guess the question would be why? They're not in a better position than us and have some dreadful players and a load of inexperienced kids. By the time Magath gets the boot they'll be stuck in the bottom 3.