Next Leeds United head coach discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Next Leeds United head coach discussions

Post by SiMamu »

SG90 wrote:
Aces wrote:
SG90 wrote:
SiMamu wrote:According to Adam Pope, Steve Clarke would prefer the Fulham job if it becomes available, I think that's why reports have said that Steve Clarke is no rush to sign anything.
Well he'll be waiting a while.
With Ross and big Smithy on board, Fulham should zoom right up to........... 15th. :lol:
Strange if he actually is waiting for Fulham. I guess the question would be why? They're not in a better position than us and have some dreadful players and a load of inexperienced kids. By the time Magath gets the boot they'll be stuck in the bottom 3.
It's a more attractive job offer because they can offer him more money and because he'd have total control over the team, rather than sharing it with Cellino and Salerno.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

MC meeting with Neil Lennon tommorow :thumbup:
bootheel white
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by bootheel white »

just read a good article on Swindon Towns, Mark Cooper on the YEP. has ties to Super Leeds and has been in contact with Massimo. he sounds like he might deserve consideration, I personally don't know much about him? has did a good job at Swindon.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Latest odds, they still have Grayson near the top. I hope we don't end up with Cooper.

Steve Clarke 6/4
Mark Cooper 3/1
Neil Redfearn 6/1
Simon Grayson 8/1
Giuseppe Sannino 9/1
Rolando Maran 18/1
Tony Pulis 20/1
Gianfranco Zola 20/1
Neil Aspin 20/1
Neil Lennon 25/1
Chris Hughton 28/1
Gary Megson 33/1
Kevin Blackwell 33/1
Michael Appleton 33/1
Steve Evans 33/1
Ivo Pulga 33/1
Tim Sherwood 33/1
Gianluca Festa 33/1
Paolo Di Canio 33/1
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 33/1
Eammon Dolan 40/1
Karl Robinson 40/1
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

SiMamu wrote:According to Adam Pope, Steve Clarke would prefer the Fulham job if it becomes available, I think that's why reports have said that Steve Clarke is no rush to sign anything.
His exact words were " Seems a decent shout but also feel that if Fulham job comes up he would prefer it".

I may be wrong but that would suggest that it is just Pope's opinion that he would prefer Fulham.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

MOT1964 wrote:
His exact words were " Seems a decent shout but also feel that if Fulham job comes up he would prefer it".

I may be wrong but that would suggest that it is just Pope's opinion that he would prefer Fulham.
The Fulham job isn't available. So if Cellino pulls his finger out and offers him the jobs sets him a deadline date, say by Friday, then Clarke will have to make a decision. We need him, or whoever it is, in now, not in a couple of weeks, or more.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I see Mark Cooper the Swindon boss is now getting a mention as a possible. Don't know a lot about him apart from he's the son of Terry Cooper.
Winner of the Europa League
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I see Mark Cooper the Swindon boss is now getting a mention as a possible. Don't know a lot about him apart from he's the son of Terry Cooper.
It's a no from me. Clarke fits the bill, obviously fulham woukd be a draw given his Chelsea connections. I suspect he till lives in west London. The big issue, is managers are wary of MC. Won't do him any harm - a series of managers saying no to him. Although its in danger of being a self fulfilling prophecy, as you only attract poor managers who you subsequently sack.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

If I could choose a manager from the list Aces has produced I'd love to see Karl Robinson in charge. He's proven time & again at MK Dons he can bring really good youngsters through & has always had his side playing decent football. He's never going to be more than a League 1 manager if he stays with MK Dons. Still think MC will have another crack down the cheap & cheerful road personally, mores the pity.
Winner of the Europa League
bootheel white
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by bootheel white »

could not have said it better myself "Nottingham", Karl Robinson would be a fine choice. the clock is ticking, Garcia to Watford, Crhis Powell to Huddersfield, as we say here in Mississippi its time to put your cards on the table Massimo.