Ian Harte

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Ian Harte

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

The YEP have reproduced an interview with Harte from the match programme from last night:-

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6844733

Think he will be eating his words after last night.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Ian Harte

Post by 1964white »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:The YEP have reproduced an interview with Harte from the match programme from last night:-

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6844733

Think he will be eating his words after last night.
The bitter slow coach needs to zip it, so he can't say hello to all his mates when he returns to ER :roll:

We'll end up higher than the Cherries this season....put that in your pipe & smoke it Ian
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

I didn't even realise he was still playing until I heard his name in the radio commentary
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Dont think Ian Harte meant any malice in what he said, he was asked his opinion and it was given, he was a fabulous player for Leeds and for him to return to the club that he gave ten years professionally and more as a youth is i guess he feels underwhelmed as i would in his position. To see the influential former players and staff is a highlight to a former players return to a club they served for many years. I thought what he said was accurate to the way Cellino has culled the staff to cut down on expenses that the club were having. Dont think any malice was meant in that interview at all or begrudgery

MOT
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

CorkWhite wrote:Dont think Ian Harte meant any malice in what he said, he was asked his opinion and it was given, he was a fabulous player for Leeds and for him to return to the club that he gave ten years professionally and more as a youth is i guess he feels underwhelmed as i would in his position. To see the influential former players and staff is a highlight to a former players return to a club they served for many years. I thought what he said was accurate to the way Cellino has culled the staff to cut down on expenses that the club were having. Dont think any malice was meant in that interview at all or begrudgery

MOT
I agree entirely. The result from last night doesn't change how the long-standing club employees were treated in the summer.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Ricardo Da Lepp wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:Dont think Ian Harte meant any malice in what he said, he was asked his opinion and it was given, he was a fabulous player for Leeds and for him to return to the club that he gave ten years professionally and more as a youth is i guess he feels underwhelmed as i would in his position. To see the influential former players and staff is a highlight to a former players return to a club they served for many years. I thought what he said was accurate to the way Cellino has culled the staff to cut down on expenses that the club were having. Dont think any malice was meant in that interview at all or begrudgery

MOT
I agree entirely. The result from last night doesn't change how the long-standing club employees were treated in the summer.
The one thing that slightly irks me is the media and the football community in general, is they have jumped on the mad Cellino bandwagon. Granted - He screwed up with hockaday - but our football was better under him than BMc (albeit 4 games).

To say he hasn't invested in the squad is wrong. Time will tell, but as this team gels I can see us hitting a playoff spot. Ok I'm basking in the glory of bournmouth, but I get the feeling that some people including fans want us to fail as they have an agenda against Cellino. In terms of employees getting sacked, I have no knowledge of the merits of all of the decisions. I find it interesting that redfearn has a healthy respect for Cellino, and doesn't seem to be too aggrieved naylor was sacked (which I personally questioned). In terms of the ex players, I know someone is close to their roles. I know MC said to him why should I employ the Eddie grays etc and spend thousands for them to sit on table in the suites. "We have 30 players in the squad, I will provide 10 to act a guests on the corporate tables" was his respose - logical? Yes. He then informed the guy who was running the entertainment, his fees (which were the same as when we were in Europe) needed to be reduced by 30%! He reluctantly agreed, but the same says he has nothing but respect for MC - his view was somewhat different about bates.

My message to Ian Harte and others, is judge MC in 9 months time, if we have a side capable of challenging for promtion next year and we own our own ground the club has progressed significantly since you last payed for us.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I loved Ian Harte but it's pointless anyone bagging Cellino over anything, they don't know how bad things were financially, how much money the club was losing and just how hopeless the squad was. Since Cellino has taken over he has done and changed so much, it's incredible and we have only just started the season. People should shut their cake holes because it makes them sound stupid, because for all we know, we might go on to win the league this year and then be back in the money big time. Enough said, time for folks to zip it.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Ricardo Da Lepp wrote:

MOT
Agree.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

It's a shame so many 'experts' and pundits seem to base their knowledge of Cellino based on some dirge they read in the Daily Hate Mail, as opposed to learning the facts before opening their mouths publically. Funny how no one had anything to say when Bates was crippling the club, or when GFH were taking us out of business.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SG90 wrote:It's a shame so many 'experts' and pundits seem to base their knowledge of Cellino based on some dirge they read in the Daily Hate Mail, as opposed to learning the facts before opening their mouths publically. Funny how no one had anything to say when Bates was crippling the club, or when GFH were taking us out of business.
Exactly mate, I think the time has come for all us true Leeds fans to get behind Cellino fully, it doesn't mean we all agree with everything he's done, but we can all see for ourselves that he is desperate to succeed and get our great team back where we belong. This never looked like happening under Bad Santa and we nearly sank into financial oblivion with the GFH posse.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT