Banners

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Banners

Post by mapperleywhite »

At the risk of being grumbled at by the mods for creating a lot of work I'm wondering if it's about time the banners (top right of your screen) need to be overhauled/brought up to date. It's an integral part of the fun and enjoyment of the forum.

To keep are obviously those associated with the Revie team (although I didn't see Johnny Giles) and the 1992 Championship/Euro semi-final team.

To be erased in a 1984 Big Brother style removal from history are those who have moved on, some to our Championship rivals: McCormack, Pugh, Kenny, Lees, Varney, Diouf, Becchio and Brian McDermott.

Some more to keep are those whom we enjoyed watching: Currie, Flynn, Vinnie Jones, Kamara, Ian Snodin, Ian Baird, Yeboah, Bobby Davidson, Kisnorbro.

Again some I'd consider not so high profile: Bromby, Shutt, Haaland, Lewis, Hankin, Somma.

And revise Byram's as I doubt he's on the Norwich radar any more......And Aidy White is.....well does anyone know is he training with Hunt and Morison?

A few suggestions from me: Nigel Martyn, Paul Robinson, Mel Sterland, Chris Fairclough, Mick Jones, John Sheridan and Jimmy-Floyd.

Manager-wise I'd sooner have Howard Wilkinson than McD.

And apologies if there is already a thread on this.........
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Banners

Post by Sheepy »

Your right, I think we do need a few new ones. I'll sort it out, but please do feel free to make any suggestions :-)
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

Sheepy wrote:Your right, I think we do need a few new ones. I'll sort it out, but please do feel free to make any suggestions :-)
:thumbup:
Actually your pic of Glyn Snodin reminded me he should be up there as well.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Completely agree. I would like to see some players from the late 90/early 00s like Chief, JFH, Martyn, Bowyer, Viduka, Milner as well as some of the newbies, Bellusci, Sharp, Sloth, Silvestri, Adryan and Doukara. :thumbup:
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

I agree, that some of the player banners need to be updated, but I personally think they should be of players that have been stars and legends for the team or shown some longevity or done something substantial; any of the new players, have not yet earned that accolade.

Definitely players like Currie and McKenzie, Martyn, Robinson, Viduka, Beckford (for 29 goals and for putting one past United), Radebe, Smith, Snodgrass, Batty, Hasselbank , Snodin and Becchio (a top scorer and he's one of my favourites) McCormack (for scoring all of those goals last season), Strachan, Sterland; managers, Wilkinson, Grayson, Revie. Obviously there aren't so many more recent players that became 'legends' at the club, because of the regime of selling players for so many years and the transient nature of players these days.

IMO

MOT
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

I've always thought there was some kind of dislike or whatever of Gilesy, when he wasn't there. :?
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I'm going to sort the banners so add any names you would like to see featured.

I think the slogans are going to be dropped, but it means we can have rolling images of groups of players and more of them

Should freshen it up!

Any players that has had a positive effect on the club, so likely ill have to feature Alex smithies
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sheepy wrote:I'm going to sort the banners so add any names you would like to see featured.

I think the slogans are going to be dropped, but it means we can have rolling images of groups of players and more of them

Should freshen it up!

Any players that has had a positive effect on the club, so likely ill have to feature Alex smithies
No ! :thumbdown:

That's one of the most noticeable and unique things about this site - they should stay. Makes us stand out from the usual fan forums and shows we have a good sense of humour.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

yeah? losing the slogans would be unpopular?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sheepy wrote:yeah? losing the slogans would be unpopular?
I can feel a poll coming on ...