Next Leeds United head coach discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Next Leeds United head coach discussions

Post by SG90 »

rigger wrote:I was talking to one of the reps I see at work yesterday and he's related to Drew Surman.
Apparently he fell out with Chris Houghton while at Norwich, which is why he was loaned out to Bournemouth.
I don't know why a manager would cast out one of his best players ??
Surman is real quality at this level - when he paired up with Bale at left back for Saints, they tore up the league in two seasons. I know Bale's world class now, but it was the first time I'd seen a defender boss a game regularly like that since Stuart Pearce did it at Forest.

That says a lot about Houghton to me.
He may well be a lovely bloke but as a manager you don't let your ego get in the way of the team ... or else you get fired. Oh, and of course he did.

No thanks.

Actually, some people aren't "big enough" for this club - McDermott in retrospect, and Houghton for definite.
And he signed Becchio and never played him! :thumbdown:
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Aces wrote:
Frankie wrote:
Aces wrote:
It would be awful if like Hull we get promoted to the Premiership and stay up quite comfortably and get to a cup final and play in Europe.
I don't know what their owner is doing, but to be honest, Cellino can walk down Elland road with no clothes on and it's ok with me, as long as we have similar success.

Also, welcome to the forum Ethan. :thumbup:
That is the point though isn't it: To own a club and bring it success, where it may not have had success and that is what it should be all about. Not having a massive sulk just because the people of Hull don't want the name changed!
I haven't been following the Hull situation apart from about a year ago, the FA I think it was said he couldn't change Hull, to Hull Tigers, I think it was, something like that. You will have to enlighten me over how he's sulking because Bruce keeps getting real quality players in, the likes of Abel Hernandez, Hatem Ben Arfa, Gaston Ramirez and Mohamed Diame, to name but four. Like I say, I haven't been watching what's going on, just what is he doing now?
"Hull owner Assem Allam put club up for sale after name change refusal"

"The FA decided in March, then confirmed in April that Allam had not made the case for a change to the name the club has had since 1904, which was opposed by a coalition of supporter groups under the banner City Till We Die. Allam said after he received confirmation on 9 April, he immediately fulfilled his promise to put the club up for sale: “This announcement is in accordance with my decision 10 months ago that I would walk away within 24 hours. In actual fact it was 22 hours,” Allam said in a prepared statement. “When I say something, I mean it. I don’t call bluffs, what I say is what you get exactly.” "

Like you say, the rest is impressive, most would be happy with that!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ange-fails
Last edited by Deleted User 2747 on 20 Sep 2014, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 2747

SG90 wrote:I'm in the minority it seems, but I'm happy with this appointment. I think
some Leeds fans are afraid of embracing change
. Football is a global sport, why should we limit ourselves to the same usual names? Clarke had one good season because of Lukaku, and for what it sounds like didn't want to come anyway, and Hughton made Norwich the most boring team in the PL last year. The whole 'tried Championship managers' hasn't worked for Warnock and McDermott, so why go down the same road again? We need to look to teams like Southampton and Swansea, who got promoted playing a continental way and have gone down the continental managerial route. The fact Darko's paid up his contract with Sturm Graz to come here, tells you all you need to know about him and him wanting to come. He could potentially chase European football in Austria, but would rather come here. Shows the ambition of the club and the passion he has for managing Leeds. Now hopefully the fans will get behind him from day one!

Personally, I think it is more the kind of changes that are involved, that give some of us trepidations. Let's face it we have endured over a decade of changes and most of them not good!!
Deleted User 2747

Pecky10 wrote:Just on the influence of manager discussion (I've not heard of our new gaffer so don't feel appropriate to comment) but I read last week that Rio Ferdinand said that David Moyes stopped the players from having chips and that was one of the main problems in the team performance as they all had the hump. Just goes to show the effect a single person can have on and off the field :crazy:

For goodness sakes. If I was paid their kind of money to do something I enjoy, I think giving up chips would be no issue. They really are like spoilt brats!
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

Sorry mates but I don't think we can replace Neil anymore. 3 wins 1 draw in 4 games. Could it get any better than that?

(300 posts and Leeds win 3-0, how great is that?!)
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

NikosAGr1985 wrote:Sorry mates but I don't think we can replace Neil anymore. 3 wins 1 draw in 4 games. Could it get any better than that?
I think Cellino just fears what will happen to the academy if we lose Redfearn's influence.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 2747

NikosAGr1985 wrote:Sorry mates but I don't think we can replace Neil anymore. 3 wins 1 draw in 4 games. Could it get any better than that?

(300 posts and Leeds win 3-0, how great is that?!)
Furthermore, Redfern may get enquiries from other clubs to be their main coach.
ThomasStirkLUFC
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by ThomasStirkLUFC »

If today was Neil's final game in charge then I want to thank him for all he has done in this short space of time we've gone from relegation candidates to 3 points off the play-offs let's hope the new man comes in and continues with the good work MOT
Socrates
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Socrates »

Let's hope NR is in the dugout with the new guy - not sure if he will end up being the translator ...
Agreed NR has done a great job - the squad looks big, strong and quick. Also Doukara and Antelucci proving their footballing experience which some of us doubted. This team has real belief that it can score goals and we have plenty of options to make changes.
I'm enjoying the MC story so far.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY · 1h
#lufc Sporting Director Nicola Salerno has just said the new coach could be here tomorrow.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."