Banners

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Tourist
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Banners

Post by Tourist »

Fist of all - hello everybody as this is my first post here. I'm one of those "long time reader, first time writer", you know. :wave:

I'm from Poland but I'm a massive fan of English footie, I've been to a couple of Leeds games while visiting a friend in your lovely city (and he is a true LUFC man from Beeston 8-) ) and I've followed the news about LUFC since then (the games were: Southend Utd., 17 March 2007 - anybody remembers that gloomy evening or certain Mr. Healy? :lol: :D and Northampton Utd. on 2 May 2009 when you got them relegated :clap: )

Regarding the banners - that's why I came here for :shifty: - I think it would be awesome, in spite of your Italian connections, to put an Italian-style "Curva Nord" banner somewhere in the North Stand - that would be well witty :thumbup: (I don't know how to insert pictures here but you guys know what I mean, just like in San Siro for instance 8-) )

Best of luck, hope you get promoted this season so I could see you more often (do your best because they don't show the Championship here in Poland, only BPL :roll: :lol: )
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Welcome in tourist :thumbup:

This is the greatest LUFC Forum on the whole www I assure you :shifty: ;)

You can get matchday streams on here most weeks for audio at least and mayb this year a few more live match streams as well. We all go through the ringer together here!!! Once again welcome in and hope you enjoy our forum!
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I have photoshop, so I'd be open to making an attempt - although I'm not particularly proficient with Photoshop.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Tourist

Post by Tourist »

Thank you for the warm welcome :D I will try to stay involved and - which may be interesting for us all - will be posting about things I see from a different perspective as a Tourist from far, far away 8-) :wave:

Right now, I love the right atmosphere among the fans about your club after all those years of agony. Talking about football-related matters instead of all that ownership/administration/scapegoating crap is the sheer symbol of this turnaround. Cellino is the man behind this change and he deserves all the credit just for achieving that. And what an increase of quality on the pitch - you have a Brazilian U-20 International who can't break into the first team... I mean, how good is that? 8-) :thumbup:

Accidentally, I work for an Italian company (the one that makes cars :wave: ) and I know the minds of people there (so I think :crazy: :lol: ). They will deceive you and they will talk the talk and not walk the walk, when they want you to do something for them (often the case :lol: ) but when their pride is at stake, they will do everything that is necessary to succeed. And I think this is where Cellino is right now.

Get him a banner then! :thumbup:
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

Re the banners, it might be an option to get the registered users involved and have a competition for a few banner designs ( possibly wording and let others do the actual photoshop), or give the prediction league winner their own banner for a period. Let then have their name in lights, so to speak.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Welcome in Tourist, where in Poland are you from?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Tourist

Post by Tourist »

Davycc wrote:Welcome in Tourist, where in Poland are you from?
Bielsko-Biala mate.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Tourist wrote:
Davycc wrote:Welcome in Tourist, where in Poland are you from?
Bielsko-Biala mate.
Added to the map :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Gilford_NI_Whites wrote:Re the banners, it might be an option to get the registered users involved and have a competition for a few banner designs ( possibly wording and let others do the actual photoshop), or give the prediction league winner their own banner for a period. Let then have their name in lights, so to speak.
Here's a couple of ideas to kick things off (so to speak)

Gordon Strachan: Captain the team to the 1st division Championship? Strach can

Paul Robinson: Son of Beverley. Nothing gets under his Bar.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....