Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Ex-Player Watch

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Becchio scores Rotherhams 2nd goal v Blackburn.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

It's just showing Robbie Keanes goals for Ireland and I've checked his stats out and he has an incredible 65 goals rom 136 Internationals, that's an awesome record.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I'd forgotten he was still playing. He will probably play for them forever, his final resting place being a brain in a jar on the penalty spot.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Fabian Delph out for up to 2 months:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29667126
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Fabian Delph out for up to 2 months:-

I think Delph is sitting pretty at the moment. He has not only got in the England squad, I feel more by luck, due to injuries and although his last game wasn't so good, the lad has taken his chance by the scruff of the neck and actually established himself. All credit to him, he's been playing well for Villa and he got his break and showed Roy, what he can do.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Fabian Delph out for up to 2 months:-

I think Delph is sitting pretty at the moment. He has not only got in the England squad, I feel more by luck, due to injuries and although his last game wasn't so good, the lad has taken his chance by the scruff of the neck and actually established himself. All credit to him, he's been playing well for Villa and he got his break and showed Roy, what he can do.
Why do you keep saying that when it's false? Where has this idea originated from? The only CM injured is Carrick, and I'd rather be focusing on younger players like Delph. Barkley was injured but he's not a central midfielder, Delph isn't competing with him, Barkley will be competing with Lallana and Sterling for the CAM position.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think it's more a case that nobody really knows who's gonna succeed Lampard and Gerrard so the door is actually open for quite a few players.

Personally, I still don't quite get what Henderson actually does.
Wilshere's better further forward, Carrick is never the same player in an England shirt ... I'd drop the lot and play Milner and Huddlestone as a box-to-box/deep lying playmaker combo.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Huddlestone is my pick to fill that role as well. Very composed on the ball, great vision, gets about the pitch and breaks things up well too. Untested at international level but he should find this qualifying group stage level easy enough and worth trying out in the euros if he keeps improving and shows he can do it for the national team in this next year.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SMorientes wrote:Huddlestone is my pick to fill that role as well. Very composed on the ball, great vision, gets about the pitch and breaks things up well too. Untested at international level but he should find this qualifying group stage level easy enough and worth trying out in the euros if he keeps improving and shows he can do it for the national team in this next year.
Good stop gap until Cook is playing for Leeds in the Premier League :D.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SiMamu wrote:
SMorientes wrote:Huddlestone is my pick to fill that role as well. Very composed on the ball, great vision, gets about the pitch and breaks things up well too. Untested at international level but he should find this qualifying group stage level easy enough and worth trying out in the euros if he keeps improving and shows he can do it for the national team in this next year.
Good stop gap until Cook is playing for Leeds in the Premier League :D.
I agree !! :wtf: