Congrats Mick Hewitt

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Congrats Mick Hewitt

Post by NottinghamWhite »

His 2000th consecutive game tonight, total respect :clap:
Winner of the Europa League
CrisPeacock
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: Congrats Mick Hewitt

Post by CrisPeacock »

:clap:
LUFCTALK Prediction League Winner 2014-2015
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Very impressive! And what contrasts he must have witnessed over that span of games. Some world class quality and some absolute dross. Only over a long span of time can we really appreciate what it means to support a club, and realize that the good times, just as the bad, as fleeting moments in time. What really matters? Focus on what it is about supporting the club that you enjoy and keep that present. Meeting with friends, travelling to away games, the comradeship and the ups and downs? It all differs for people, but never forgot how it brings us all together too.
Lee
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Lee »

Is it congratulations or commiserations? :wtf: Nah only kidding. Fantastic achievement. Dread to think how much that has cost over the years.
July 26th 2013. The day Leeds United rid themselves of an odious git.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

It's hard to just work out just how many years he's been doing this, if you say we play 50 games per year on average, then that equates to almost 40 years without missing a match. Is that roughly correct? Seems crazyily amazing to me.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
RamseyWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by RamseyWhite »

Not sure how many I have done (must work it out sometime) but it is definitely well over 2,000 spanning over 50 years.
That said I am nowhere near to a consecutive record like that.
I know from my own experiences that illness, travel delays, transport break downs, family issues etc. can all contribute to you missing a game at some time or other.
If true that is an amazing record & something to be proud of.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Very well done Sir :clap: :clap: There's no way I'd be able to do something like that! Kudos for sitting through some absolute dross most of the time and still wanting to go every game!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I think the club should do something to show their appreciation.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Its certainly a fantastic achievement, been trying to work out my best run of games and it takes me back to the late 70's, went full season in 78/79 without missing a match, following season the run was broken when i didn't manage to get to Romania for the Uefa cup match versus Universitia Craova.
The season before (77/78) think I only missed Bristol City away, was booked on coach to go but was ill the night before and had to miss.
That probably adds up to around 100 consecutive games which shows how good Micks run is.

That was of course was when I was young and daft with no commitments, can't get so much nowadays but always enjoy a rare visit to ER, you never lose the passion as we all know.

Whats everyone elses best run of games ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

As I played football, my best run is 2. :D
I once played against Don Revie.