The Yeboah Volley

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
artoffootball
Giddy Kipper

The Yeboah Volley

Post by artoffootball »

As Leeds United fans, we’re accustomed to wearing our hearts on our sleeves. We like to go even further in honour of our beloved club, wearing our badge proudly over our hearts. Now, thanks to a brainwave from Art of Football, you can actually wear on your chest one of the iconic goals of the last generation. It’s a goal most Leeds fans – even those who were too young to appreciate it at the time, or who weren’t yet around – only have to close their eyes to see. The ball comes out towards Tony Yeboah as Leeds attack late on at the Kop End of Elland Road. The Ghanaian watches as it drops towards him and instantly shapes to hit it on the full – and his effort rockets into the back of the net off the crossbar with Liverpool keeper David James beaten all ends up. Goal of the Season! Check the t-shirts out here- http://art-of-football.com/collections/ ... volley-tee
Image Image
Mickeyzee
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: The Yeboah Volley

Post by Mickeyzee »

Drop the Liverpool player fella. Us Leeds fans all know what game that was!
It's only a game love?! Shut up you daft woman....
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Just a quick note to all members - this post has been approved by the mods team, so please feel free to discuss the subject. I'm sure you'll all agree its a cracking piece of art!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Yeah, I would get rid of the Liverpool player, I loved watching Yeboah, he was a beast.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

The Liverpool player shown is Harkness who wasn't really involved as he was well to Yeboahs right (this view must be from the sideline i think). The player directly in front of Yeboah (between him and the goal) albeit 10 yds away was Liverpools No21 a certain Dominic Matteo.
Nearest player to Yeboah was No6 who tried to block the shot and that i believe was Phil Babb.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Selby White wrote:The Liverpool player shown is Harkness who wasn't really involved as he was well to Yeboahs right (this view must be from the sideline i think). The player directly in front of Yeboah (between him and the goal) albeit 10 yds away was Liverpools No21 a certain Dominic Matteo.
Nearest player to Yeboah was No6 who tried to block the shot and that i believe was Phil Babb.
Wow SW-check out your memory..... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D :!: :!:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

dskimcbski wrote:
Selby White wrote:The Liverpool player shown is Harkness who wasn't really involved as he was well to Yeboahs right (this view must be from the sideline i think). The player directly in front of Yeboah (between him and the goal) albeit 10 yds away was Liverpools No21 a certain Dominic Matteo.
Wow SW-check out your memory..... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D :!: :!:
I wish its not that good but did know Dom Matteo was between Yeboah and the goal so was surprised Harkness is on the shirt. That got me checking the video.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Hard to believe this was exactly 19 years, 19 years ago..... OMG
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Yeboah's goal was scored on the 21st August 1995 it was a lovely way to celebrate my 25th birthday :shock: so long ago!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Vince Hilaire
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Vince Hilaire »

I would actually consider buying a few of these - not with the opposing team in it, though. The Wimbledon, chest/knee/volley and Gordon Strachan scoring v's Leicester, to make it 2-1, or the Chapman header at Bournemouth....all would make a nice little collection.
any old iron