The next Leeds United manager - Part 2

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The next Leeds United manager - Part 2

Post by Sheepy »

Nothing official that Redfearn has got the job full time.

For me, I'd be happy with Steve Clark, Redfearn and of course Richard Naylor...
DublinLeedsFan
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by DublinLeedsFan »

I hope that when Cellino sacks Redfearn, as he does everybody, he remembers his good work at the academy and puts him back there.

No manager or coach worth his salt will go to Leeds with Cellino sticking his oar in (excuse nautical metaphor). It's a shame that when we get someone who appears to have a few bob, and isn't Ken Bates, he turns out to be an utter megalomaniac.

Does Cellino ever question himself on his crazy appointments, Darko and Dave? Theres no way a Moyes, Clark or Lennon would put up with his interference in the playing side.

Good luck Redders!
Last edited by DublinLeedsFan on 25 Oct 2014, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" – Samuel Johnson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7_FcDYh-CY
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

BBC website report has a quote from Cellino saying Redfearn as of Monday is in permanent charge
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

According to friends of mine Barnsley were sniffing round Redfearn for the past couple of weeks & were tipping him to be their next manager, maybe Cellino realised what he was in danger of losing & acted sooner rather rhan later.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Redders is no great shakes as a coach, or manager, let's be honest about it. If he's set on I will get behind him and hope he does well, but there's nothing to suggest he will be a success. I hope I'm proved wrong and he galvanises the players and picks a better team, with better tactics, he just might. I don't see him lasting long though, again I would be more than happy to be proved wrong and I definitely hope he doesn't get hacked off and leave us, if it doesn't work out, I really like him.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

I hope Redders WANTED the job, I know he'll be doing his best either way but it would be good to know he feels ready for it, wasn't too long ago that folk couldn't wait for him to step aside sharpish for the mighty BmC to take over and he was looked down upon , I wouldn't want the crowd to turn on him , he does come across as a good bloke and its said the players are very fond of him and the young lads will get every chance to get in the squad which will see Dawson in the side before long, promotion was never the aim this year,just progress, which for me is there in abundance by the way , so talk of this season being viewed as a failure if we don't make the top six would look harsh to me.

For what it's worth for me it's the right choice at the right time I like the bloke and he feels right for us and he'll do alright, he MUST be given the rest of the season , no more sackings , no if's or but's .

The Hock felt wrong.
In the Darko felt wrong.
Redders feels right.

MOT
johndivney

Post by johndivney »

why this call for no more sackings?? what if redders is a disaster & we're heading for the drop? in that situation why do we stick with him? i don't see the logic..?? out of loyalty? there's been nothing in redders' managerial career to suggest he's the man with the long term vision & managerial command that would inspire such loyalty straight off the bat.

i'd agree w/Aces' feelings on the appointment actually.
DublinLeedsFan wrote:No manager or coach worth his salt will go to Leeds with Cellino sticking his oar in (excuse nautical metaphor). It's a shame that when we get someone who appears to have a few bob, and isn't Ken Bates, he turns out to be an utter megalomaniac.

again i feel like i'm beating the drum here, but cellino has worked with plenty of top class managers at cagliari. (plenty being the unfortunate operative word for many..)
if the manager can't work w/him maybe the fault is on their side?
irelands very own beloved il trap was one such manager. tabarez, donadoni both national team managers. mazzone & eddy reja (now of lazio) spring to mind.

so he makes a few bad choices starting out at leeds, shouldn't scare off rational & ambitious managers. the traditions & ego's of the english managers who'd purportedly refuse to work w/cellino should be criticised. the guy has a proven track record of how to successful run a club, he deserves to be met half way. why shouldn't he stick his oar in? it's served him fine in the past & it's his business after all.

i'd rather cellino as owner than david moyes as manager any day of the week.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

johndivney wrote:so he makes a few bad choices starting out at leeds, shouldn't scare off rational & ambitious managers. the traditions & ego's of the english managers who'd purportedly refuse to work w/cellino should be criticised.
English managers are turned off coming here because they want some control over transfers and who gets added and removed from their squad. The high profile managers are also turned off by the lack of job security involved in the job, with the current record of both permanent managers only lasting six games doing little to dispel that - he has a quicker trigger finger than Roman Abramovich. You mention how there's no certainty that Redders has the right long term vision, the lack of job security that comes with being head coach here somewhat stops a long term vision taking shape.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
johndivney

Post by johndivney »

If the guy is good enough & confident enough in his own ability the job security shouldn't be an issue. To borrow a phrase, if they can't work w/cellino given his track record then they should wind their neck in. So what you get sacked by Cellino? If you're good enough you'll get another job down the line.

Too many excuses, none of them hold any water for me. Leeds are a big club, Cellino is a successful businessman. That should be enough for anyone. If its not then fine. Their loss. Cellino will get us going in the right direction whoever comes on board for the ride.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

johndivney wrote:why this call for no more sackings?? what if redders is a disaster & we're heading for the drop? in that situation why do we stick with him? i don't see the logic..?? out of loyalty? there's been nothing in redders' managerial career to suggest he's the man with the long term vision & managerial command that would inspire such loyalty straight off the bat.

i'd agree w/Aces' feelings on the appointment actually.
DublinLeedsFan wrote:No manager or coach worth his salt will go to Leeds with Cellino sticking his oar in (excuse nautical metaphor). It's a shame that when we get someone who appears to have a few bob, and isn't Ken Bates, he turns out to be an utter megalomaniac.

again i feel like i'm beating the drum here, but cellino has worked with plenty of top class managers at cagliari. (plenty being the unfortunate operative word for many..)
if the manager can't work w/him maybe the fault is on their side?
irelands very own beloved il trap was one such manager. tabarez, donadoni both national team managers. mazzone & eddy reja (now of lazio) spring to mind.

so he makes a few bad choices starting out at leeds, shouldn't scare off rational & ambitious managers. the traditions & ego's of the english managers who'd purportedly refuse to work w/cellino should be criticised. the guy has a proven track record of how to successful run a club, he deserves to be met half way. why shouldn't he stick his oar in? it's served him fine in the past & it's his business after all.

i'd rather cellino as owner than david moyes as manager any day of the week.

I think MC is doing a sound job and I like what he has done behind the scenes very much, the man is a breath of fresh air , but I call for no more sackings because if MC isn't sure what sort of watermelon Redders is then he shouldn't give him the f******g job just to blow him out in 6 games time , we need him to get the right bloke in and let him get on with it no more f*****g around with watermelons.

MOT