Norris, Hunt et al

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Norris, Hunt et al

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Will we see the likes of Norris, Hunt, White, Tonge & Ajose play again this season ? Given the size of the squad personally I can't see it happening. Will they be sent out on loan or are they just going to see out their contracts ?
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Norris, Hunt et al

Post by Selby White »

For me the quicker we get rid of Hunt & Norris the better.

White needs a season long loan, last chance saloon, he just doesn't seem to have developed.

Tonge may actually play a bit part but certainly no contract extension.

Ajose from what I've seen earlier in the season gives us energy and think he will be one that keeps improving. From what I hear he trains very hard and is very determined to develop into a top player.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

White is currently injured, I believe, but he's on the road to recovery at present and I think he'll be back soon. Whether or not he'll play is debatable, although being an academy graduate may swing in his favour with Redfearn - however, I think White graduated before Redfearn came to the club.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

For me I would let white go on a free with 50% sell on clause. I can see him being worth £4m one day under the right manager and in a new environment
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Norris has been on the fringes of the match day squads and of course he played really well at Bradford and then we've seen nothing more of him. Aidy White was looking quite useful in pre season but then got injured so I could see him being game time just to check him out and see if he really has come on at all. Hunt we know is a chirpy character who is good in the dressing room....but I cannot see how he will get time on the pitch now with the other forward choices we have. Togue we also know has been helping out with various duties on the training side as well as playing now and again.
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

Selby White wrote:For me the quicker we get rid of Hunt & Norris the better.

White needs a season long loan, last chance saloon, he just doesn't seem to have developed.

Ajose from what I've seen earlier in the season gives us energy and think he will be one that keeps improving. From what I hear he trains very hard and is very determined to develop into a top player
Is he injured? Or just out of favour? I am having a massive mind blank...
Lee
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Lee »

I think if Redfearn does finally take on the job he may look to the likes of Tonge, Hunt or Norris to be on the bench or certainly travelling with the match day squad. They have experience of the league. We don't know yet how our Mediterranean friends are going to react to a cold Tuesday night in February.

Not sure about White. I know he's injured now but when he has been fit he has failed to get into the teams of several different managers who haven't got a clue on his best position. I mean Warnock playing him right wing! What's that about?
July 26th 2013. The day Leeds United rid themselves of an odious git.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Fernandopartridge wrote:
Selby White wrote:For me the quicker we get rid of Hunt & Norris the better.

Ajose from what I've seen earlier in the season gives us energy and think he will be one that keeps improving. From what I hear he trains very hard and is very determined to develop into a top player
Is he injured? Or just out of favour? I am having a massive mind blank...
Not heard if he is injured but have wondered as thought he may make the bench. Suspect he is "work in progress" group. If my memory is correct he got a 3 year deal.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

isrodger wrote:For me I would let white go on a free with 50% sell on clause. I can see him being worth £4m one day under the right manager and in a new environment
I know you are into your valuations on players ISR, but do you really think someone would pay £4M for him and yes I know someone paid £11M for a certain Scottish forward of ours :P
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Lee wrote:I think if Redfearn does finally take on the job he may look to the likes of Tonge, Hunt or Norris to be on the bench or certainly travelling with the match day squad. They have experience of the league. We don't know yet how our Mediterranean friends are going to react to a cold Tuesday night in February.

Not sure about White. I know he's injured now but when he has been fit he has failed to get into the teams of several different managers who haven't got a clue on his best position. I mean Warnock playing him right wing! What's that about?
Yeah, but we know how Tonge, Norris & Hunt react to a cold tuesday night in February dont we? :wtf: