And so it goes on!

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: And so it goes on!

Post by isrodger »

I think we need to get things in perspective had cooper and Silvesri not screwed up we would have won the game and today we would be thinking of the play offs. We have played better under readfearn than we have Anyone since grayson. We have some outstanding young talent, and are probably two players and outstanding forward and centre back away from having a side capable of winning the league. We could also do with a proper winger. Yesterday was devastating because we should have won..... In the past 3 years I have felt less gutted as a result of defeats, because we generally fully deserved to get beat. We are improving. We can still make the playoffs, but we are building for next season. The lads didn't get what they deserved and I feel for cooper, because he needs to gain confidence, and authority, that will only come with a series of clean sheets. We probably lack a bit of experience also, a captain - a john terry would transform our side.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

isrodger wrote:I think we need to get things in perspective had cooper and Silvesri not screwed up we would have won the game and today we would be thinking of the play offs. We have played better under readfearn than we have Anyone since grayson. We have some outstanding young talent, and are probably two players and outstanding forward and centre back away from having a side capable of winning the league. We could also do with a proper winger. Yesterday was devastating because we should have won..... In the past 3 years I have felt less gutted as a result of defeats, because we generally fully deserved to get beat. We are improving. We can still make the playoffs, but we are building for next season. The lads didn't get what they deserved and I feel for cooper, because he needs to gain confidence, and authority, that will only come with a series of clean sheets. We probably lack a bit of experience also, a captain - a john terry would transform our side.
I think we should try and sign Wasilewski on loan from Leicester - Polish international, played in European competitions when he was at Anderlecht and was part of a promotion winning side last year.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

SiMamu wrote: I think we should try and sign Wasilewski on loan from Leicester - Polish international, played in European competitions when he was at Anderlecht and was part of a promotion winning side last year.
This probably sounds mildly racist but so be it - no more foreigners! I think we need an experienced head that is English who knows the league, knows the division and can communicate with 90% of the squad. Someone like Chris Morgan who was the captain of Sheffield United a few years ago, basically a nasty, tough, no-nonsense centre half who puts the fear of god in the opposition and to some degree his own players. Ideal for getting the young lads organised and disciplined.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Sheepy wrote:
SiMamu wrote: I think we should try and sign Wasilewski on loan from Leicester - Polish international, played in European competitions when he was at Anderlecht and was part of a promotion winning side last year.
This probably sounds mildly racist but so be it - no more foreigners! I think we need an experienced head that is English who knows the league, knows the division and can communicate with 90% of the squad. Someone like Chris Morgan who was the captain of Sheffield United a few years ago, basically a nasty, tough, no-nonsense centre half who puts the fear of god in the opposition and to some degree his own players. Ideal for getting the young lads organised and disciplined.
Because Wasilewski's a big softie ;):
But, no, I get what you mean. Trying to think of those available is slight challenging though. Gareth McAuley? 34, 6ft3, yet to make a league appearance.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Yeah, the experienced, brickshithouse centre halves cupboard is pretty much bare.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Just been looking at the leagues and the Premiership for the LPS competition and it seems to me that form is all over the shop. Most teams have very inconsistent form. In the middle of the Championship, there are hardly any wins over the last few weeks, so I am not worried. I have faith in Redfern. Just hope that he gets the proper amount of time to settle everyone in and it'll be fine!!
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

I don't think relegation.

The biggest reason i don't think this season will end up with us going down is because i actually believe Redfearn will be in the dugout for the remainder of the season - and that means for the first time in a while the team will have stability. IMO we've been denied this essentail necessity through Cellin'os itchy trigger finger but it does seem that we might finally have the ingredient that the troops need.

I'd like to see a couple of faces that Redders himself chooses to work with him and with our youth. Appointments in those areas would make sense to me.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Next 4 fixtures are Deby (H) Ipswich (A) Fulham (H) & Forest (A) make me a tad nervous I must admit. Somehow we need 6 points.
Winner of the Europa League
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

Relegation is a very real possibility now folks, be under no illusion.
I think redders is doing a decent job, however he can only do so much. The players need to pull their fingers out
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Playing nice footie, that's pleasing ont eye, is all very well, but it's points ont board that'll keep us up!
(Or not?).