Red Bull takeover

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Red Bull takeover

Post by Deebo »

Aces wrote:Your right Davy, I doubt if they would change anything really, but I can dream a dream that a mega owner could take us over and get us up where the likes of the top five premiership teams are, it would be amazing.
They won't change anything.... except the name of our team, the name of our stadium, and the strip we play in. Apart from that, you are right. :wtf:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

According to Phil Hay, Red Bull are talking to Leeds and Everton. If that is the case then Everton must be favourites. It costs a lot less to keep a team in the Premiership than get one promoted. By investing in an existing Premiership team there is also the safety net of parachute payments.
I once played against Don Revie.
ELLAND1972
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by ELLAND1972 »

The reason RB will not take over EVERTON is EVERTON will not change their colours to red from blue, also EVERTON are wanting a new ground move and they are not the biggest club in the area.

LEEDS UNITED, do not need a move to a new ground, we are the biggest club in the area [ sorry BRADFORD,HALIFAX,HUDDERSFIELD ] and we can play in an away red strip.

RB according to newspapers are interested in getting a foot hold in an English club.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The rumours are back. Before anyone doubts this too much I note that ER still hasn't been bought, I wonder why.
Winner of the Europa League
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Well we know the reason Cellino has not bought ER - that is ue to GFH refusing to honour the agreement Cellino thought he had to reduce the purchase price of the club, hence Cellino is refusing to put more value into the club that will boost GFHs value! So don't think we can read anything else into the ground not being bought. Red Bull also officially denied any further interest in Leeds only a couple of weeks ago.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Simon Austin ‏@sport_simon · 23m23 minutes ago
Quick contact with Cellino. Says rumours of wanting to sell are 'nonsense' and suspects someone is trying to destabilise club. #lufc
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Purely speculation. But maybe that's why Cellino has acquired the ground. After he did if GFH sold out to red bull they would own 25% and 25% of the ground?..? Let's just hope Cellino gets a deal done with GFH and they are eventually bought out.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

isrodger wrote:Purely speculation. But maybe that's why Cellino has acquired the ground. After he did if GFH sold out to red bull they would own 25% and 25% of the ground?..? Let's just hope Cellino gets a deal done with GFH and they are eventually bought out.
Presumably that should read "has NOT acquired the ground" ?
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

I read some stuff saying cellino wants out, to much debt. Dunno if it's true .
Red bull takeover ain't looking to bad now eh?
Tourist
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Tourist »

Oh come on. Red Bull don't go into partnerships. They just buy everything, change everything and don't care about the rest. If you are interested how it works, please see this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RB_Leipzig
Would you really want to go down this alley?