Alex Mowatt

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Alex Mowatt

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Named Football League Young Player of the Month for November.

The award covers players that play in all three divisions of the Sky Bet Football League.

November was a brilliant month for Mowatt, as he scored three stunning goals and contributed two assists.

He delivered a string of stand-out performances that have seen him become considered one of the leading midfielders in the Sky Bet Championship.

A graduate of the Leeds United Academy, Yorkshire-born Mowatt joined the club as a nine-year-old, having previously attended one of their development centres.

After progressing through the youth ranks, he made his debut for Leeds at the start of last season in a 3-1 Capital One Cup victory over Doncaster Rovers, before going on to establish himself as a first-team regular at Elland Road.

On receiving the trophy, Mowatt said: “This season I think I have stepped it up from last season and I've done well.

“There’s a few lads from the academy in the first team now and these are my mates away from football so to be celebrating goals and having fun with them on the pitch is just brilliant.”

Leeds United’s Head Coach Neil Redfearn added: "The scope of what is in front of him is immeasurable. He has the world at his feet and is an outstanding young player.”

Each season, Football League clubs invest more than £60m on identifying, training and educating the next generation of football talent.

There are 8,500 young players between the ages of eight and 18 registered with League clubs, making Football League Youth Development the largest centrally co-ordinated young player programme in world football. Over 200 players aged 21 or under make their professional debuts for Football League clubs each season.

Commenting on this month’s recipient, David Wetherall, Head of Youth Development at The Football League, said: “Alex has taken the step up to first-team football in his stride, with the consistency in his performances over the last year incredibly impressive given his age. He had an outstanding month and is thoroughly deserving of this accolade.”

Each month the accolade is awarded by The Football League to the young player who has made the most significant contribution and impact in first-team football. To be eligible the player must be either under 21 years of age or be playing in the season during which he turns 21. Currently around a quarter of all players registered with Football League clubs are eligible to be considered for this award.
Winner of the Europa League
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Alex Mowatt

Post by Aces »

Well deserved, he's been one of our best players this year, along with Antenucci, Silvestri and Warnock.

I find it strange, but apart from Ross and at a push Murphy, I don't think anyone had a good season last year, yet our team is really struggling and we have the four above, plus Cook and at times Doukara, who have been in good form this year. Football is strange at times.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hold on, hold on ... David Wetherall is Head of Youth Dev at the FL ???

I must have missed that memo :o

Good for him !
I knew he was a bright lad, but that's a stunning position to be in at his age - he can only be about 40 !
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Must admit when I posted this could it be the same David Weatherall, anyways I've just Wikipedia him & YEP it's him.
Winner of the Europa League