Steve Thompson joins as assistant to Neil Redfearn

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Steve Thompson joins as assistant to Neil Redfearn

Post by Sheepy »

I think this deserves a thread of it own. A few of us have already said Redfearn needs an assistant and hopefully the appointment of Thompson - his personal friend should be a help.

Thoughts?

Oh, and it looks like a joker, possibly a dog bothered has made a contribution to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Thom ... born_1964)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Steve Thompson joins as assistant to Neil Redfearn

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Good luck to him :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the madhouse Steve.

Enjoy :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
mis
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by mis »

Enjoy the ride Steve.. Welcome to Leeds United..

:)
Mickrick
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Mickrick »

Another unknown joins the inept redfearn, so redfearn thinks we played well against forest!! Was he watching an old rerun from glory days are defence was shocking didn't have a clue , no one running forward a amateurish comment from a amateurish manager who wouldn't get a sniff if we didn't have a phycopath owner!! Get back to doing what you weren't bad at running kids team.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Mickrick wrote:Another unknown joins the inept redfearn, so redfearn thinks we played well against forest!! Was he watching an old rerun from glory days are defence was shocking didn't have a clue , no one running forward a amateurish comment from a amateurish manager who wouldn't get a sniff if we didn't have a phycopath owner!! Get back to doing what you weren't bad at running kids team.
I can understand what you are saying here ...(altho I'd use slightly less dramatic language!). BUT the thing is, it seems to be that confidence in football is regarded as THE big thing these days and almost no manager will publicly criticise his team or their performance. It really annoys me too and it does give the impression that they don't know what they are doing. When Gary Bowyer came and said how Blackburn had been superb against us a few weeks ago I was aghast! However, it is far too early to be hurling abuse at Neil Redfearn and claiming he doesn't have a clue. We have a tremendous group of youngsters who can clearly play a bit and he must have had something to do with that. Most people acknowledge that we have looked a far more balanced and sensible side under his leadership too. He is hamstrung (no pun intended) with the injuries to Austin and Bellusci at the moment too and I don't think any of us would come up with a particularly different team selection to the one he keeps picking - with the exception for me that 'd like to see Del Fabro just in case he is the talented centre back we need.
Mickrick
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Mickrick »

Yeh i shouldn't have posted so soon after hearing redfearns comments I should have allowed some time to calm down first!! As one of the several thousand at Blackburn game I was also astounded at bowyers comments, just don't feel in a good place at moment bar sylvestri we looked cluless we should have lost that game 3 1 at least and for him to come out and say we played well doesn't fill me with confidence for the future either. If massimo has any doubt that the offences he has pending could cause him further bans as owner then think he should try sell up now or he could find himself trying to flog a league 1 side .
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I'm not sure that having a 'personal friend' as your number 2 is such a great idea. The danger is that if they agree on everything then they will agree on the bad decisions as well as the good. Let's hope I am wrong and he turns out not to be a 'yes' man.
I once played against Don Revie.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Mickrick wrote:Another unknown joins the inept redfearn, so redfearn thinks we played well against forest!! Was he watching an old rerun from glory days are defence was shocking didn't have a clue , no one running forward a amateurish comment from a amateurish manager who wouldn't get a sniff if we didn't have a phycopath owner!! Get back to doing what you weren't bad at running kids team.
What a stupid comment. Our football under readfearn is light years ahead of that witnessed under warnock and McDermott. We seriously lack width which impacts on us offensively and defensively. Yes readfearn is on a learning curve. But this side somewhat reminds me of a side which was pulled together under Eddie gray. He was learning in situ and in my view the plug was pulled too early. Will readfearn be a success - who knows, but all the greats started somewhere, without a track record and made mistakes whilst honing their skills. Our support is reverred for being passionate and utterly supportive, but sometimes comments on forums; which can seriously sway opinion; appear to knee jerk based on the last 90 minutes football rather than considering the direction the team is moving in general.
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Posts on this forum are generally either informative or thought provoking. Unfortunately not all are. IMO club is heading in right direction (despite efforts of FL). Bring back Mellor and Bogdan.