Steve Thompson joins as assistant to Neil Redfearn

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Steve Thompson joins as assistant to Neil Redfearn

Post by SiMamu »

isrodger wrote:
Mickrick wrote:Another unknown joins the inept redfearn, so redfearn thinks we played well against forest!! Was he watching an old rerun from glory days are defence was shocking didn't have a clue , no one running forward a amateurish comment from a amateurish manager who wouldn't get a sniff if we didn't have a phycopath owner!! Get back to doing what you weren't bad at running kids team.
What a stupid comment. Our football under readfearn is light years ahead of that witnessed under warnock and McDermott. We seriously lack width which impacts on us offensively and defensively. Yes readfearn is on a learning curve. But this side somewhat reminds me of a side which was pulled together under Eddie gray. He was learning in situ and in my view the plug was pulled too early. Will readfearn be a success - who knows, but all the greats started somewhere, without a track record and made mistakes whilst honing their skills. Our support is reverred for being passionate and utterly supportive, but sometimes comments on forums; which can seriously sway opinion; appear to knee jerk based on the last 90 minutes football rather than considering the direction the team is moving in general.
Redfearn isn't helped by the fact what he wants seem to be being ignored by Cellino and Salerno, when he cries out for a winger or two.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

SiMamu wrote:
isrodger wrote:
Mickrick wrote:Another unknown joins the inept redfearn, so redfearn thinks we played well against forest!! Was he watching an old rerun from glory days are defence was shocking didn't have a clue , no one running forward a amateurish comment from a amateurish manager who wouldn't get a sniff if we didn't have a phycopath owner!! Get back to doing what you weren't bad at running kids team.
What a stupid comment. Our football under readfearn is light years ahead of that witnessed under warnock and McDermott. We seriously lack width which impacts on us offensively and defensively. Yes readfearn is on a learning curve. But this side somewhat reminds me of a side which was pulled together under Eddie gray. He was learning in situ and in my view the plug was pulled too early. Will readfearn be a success - who knows, but all the greats started somewhere, without a track record and made mistakes whilst honing their skills. Our support is reverred for being passionate and utterly supportive, but sometimes comments on forums; which can seriously sway opinion; appear to knee jerk based on the last 90 minutes football rather than considering the direction the team is moving in general.
Redfearn isn't helped by the fact what he wants seem to be being ignored by Cellino and Salerno, when he cries out for a winger or two.
How have any of his requests been ignored - he has been manager 8 weeks with no opportunity as yet to acquire any players. Cellino is no idiot, I think we can only judge the player recruitment policy this time next year given the embargo etc
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

isrodger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
isrodger wrote:
How have any of his requests been ignored - he has been manager 8 weeks with no opportunity as yet to acquire any players. Cellino is no idiot, I think we can only judge the player recruitment policy this time next year given the embargo etc
The loan window and Salerno saying that we are targeting a striker and an experienced midfielder in the January transfer window. Perhaps I was a little unfair, but it seems Cellino is again trusting Salerno more with transfers than the 'head coach,' when he needs to be looking to both.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I think a few of our foreign imports have been good so far. Antenucci has been excellent, Adryan looks class, he just needs to bed in and perform to his best ability, he clearly has plenty. Silvestri again has been excellent, especially yesterday. Bianchi and Doukara have been hit and miss, they just need to be more consistently good. Bellusci at times looks class, then he makes a shocking challenge and all his good work is undone, but still I'm a fan of his and would like to see him have a go in midfield, to give us some grit. The others haven't been given enough chances to say just how good, or bad they are.

Our English league imports have been mostly a let down, especially Billy Sharp, but I do think he can turn it round. Cooper has been the best, Ajose was never given a chance.

I don't care where the players come from TBH, as long as they improve the team. Would I like English league players before foreign imports, probably, mostly due to them knowing how tough and physical it is over here. But would I care if we get some more foreign players? No, as long as they are better than what we have got.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote: Our English league imports have been mostly a let down, especially Billy Sharp, but I do think he can turn it round. Cooper has been the best, Ajose was never given a chance.
Bit harsh on Sharp, whose not really been given an opportunity, having only started once, yesterday, since mid-September, only starting consistently under the lifeless attack and midfield of Hockaday.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:
Aces wrote: Our English league imports have been mostly a let down, especially Billy Sharp, but I do think he can turn it round. Cooper has been the best, Ajose was never given a chance.
Bit harsh on Sharp, whose not really been given an opportunity, having only started once, yesterday, since mid-September, only starting consistently under the lifeless attack and midfield of Hockaday.
He's played ten times for us and I was expecting more from him. I am a fan of his and just before he was dropped, I felt his attitude wasn't right, like you say, our midfield were poor at that time. I thought he looked keener yesterday and was really pleased he scored, admittedly it was by way of a penalty, but again I think that will galvanise him and give him a massive boost.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mickrick
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Mickrick »

Reality is represented had a good run (maybe luck played a big part) before he took over full time and since then bar the win against derby he's achieved nothing yesterday's performance was poor and a pattern is emerging were we look clueless in certain areas. I understand managers need to start somewhere but isn't that in lower leagues and at smaller clubs he's out of his depth already and it's plain to see .
Mickrick
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Mickrick »

Only stating the obvious were in worse position than we were this time last year at least we had a more experienced manager then!! Yesterday's performance was pathetic clueless and embarrassing were going nowhere fast and I really fear the worst this season were in limbo till March then who knows maybe football league are doing us a favour and we just can't see it
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Mickrick wrote:.... who knows maybe football league are doing us a favour and we just can't see it ...
:shh:

I'd keep that one to yourself, mate :thumbdown:
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

:yawn:
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."