Sol Bamba

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
sly_old_fox
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Re: Sol Bamba

Post by sly_old_fox »

Leicester fan here, Sol Bamba was an immediate favourite with the fans (helped by the fact he scored on his debut against Man City in the FA Cup) but it eventually dawned on most of us that he was a car crash waiting to happen. Signed by Sven, sold by Pearson
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Leeds don't do car crashes, we do multi car pile ups so I'm hoping your view of Bamba is tainted by the fact you have seen a promotion winning squad and now recently a Premiership winning squad.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts. Good luck staying up.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Great getting a quality big experienced defender in like Bamba, Liecester wanted him back for their premiership campaign, Pearson clearly rates him. Are other teams near the bottom of the championship bringing in such quality players? I doubt many are, cheers Massimo.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
sly_old_fox

Post by sly_old_fox »

Not sure where you have got the idea Pearson wanted him back! Definitely not a Pearson type player. Like I said, you'll love him str8 away, Nice easy song, 'Sol Sol Bamba' to the tune of La Bamba! You will just wish sometimes that he actually just clears the ball instead of insisting that he can dribble it out of his own penalty area.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

sly_old_fox wrote:Not sure where you have got the idea Pearson wanted him back! Definitely not a Pearson type player. Like I said, you'll love him str8 away, Nice easy song, 'Sol Sol Bamba' to the tune of La Bamba! You will just wish sometimes that he actually just clears the ball instead of insisting that he can dribble it out of his own penalty area.
It's all over the internet, he tried to get him back in the summer.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:
sly_old_fox wrote:Not sure where you have got the idea Pearson wanted him back! Definitely not a Pearson type player. Like I said, you'll love him str8 away, Nice easy song, 'Sol Sol Bamba' to the tune of La Bamba! You will just wish sometimes that he actually just clears the ball instead of insisting that he can dribble it out of his own penalty area.
It's all over the internet, he tried to get him back in the summer.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... xes-return
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/le ... 71941.html
http://www.winnersports.co.uk/leicester ... star-26600
http://africafootballshop.com/leicester ... ba-return/
Not the most reliable of sources.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Bleeding Nora Si, that was quick. :lol: :clap:
sly_old_fox

Post by sly_old_fox »

impressive research that! as you say, not the most reliable of sources, If Pearson was interested in him at £500K he would be at Leicester. As I said before, Not dissin' the guy, absolutely loved him, he just gave me heart attacks :-)
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Sheepy wrote:Leeds don't do car crashes, we do multi car pile ups so I'm hoping your view of Bamba is tainted by the fact you have seen a promotion winning squad and now recently a Premiership winning squad.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts. Good luck staying up.
I've picked up this view of Bamba from a number of folk now. Great character, sometimes fantastic (as in that game at Leicester v us in 2011) but then makes a huge error! We will see!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

All defenders make errors dlw, it's what they do the rest of the time. I hope he's as good as Nigel Pearson thinks he is, we desperately need a big experienced CB and he might just be that, only time will tell.