2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by SiMamu »

rigger wrote:I think we'll have enough. Austin's played there before, too - a long time ago, mind.
Then there's the likes of Killock and Coker from the U-21s ...
Jack Vann has Lewis Cook potential on FM. :silent:
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I know, mate.
I gave him a game in the early rounds of the League Cup and he did really well.
Oh, and I just beat Arsenal 2-0 at our place in the same competition and I really don't know how as I'm still in the Championship :D
Villa at home in the QFs next !
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

SiMamu wrote:
rigger wrote:I think we'll have enough. Austin's played there before, too - a long time ago, mind.
Then there's the likes of Killock and Coker from the U-21s ...
Jack Vann has Lewis Cook potential on FM. :silent:
He's played for England u16s as well. I think he's the next big star to emerge from the academy. :)
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Not sure what to make of Pearce. I don't think he's good enough, but unless we got a good offer, I'd keep him for the rest of the season. I don't really see Wigan as a rival team, as they're 8 points behind us and have only won once under Mackay ( :roll: ). I'm not sure whose authority it is anyway if he stays or goes, Redders? Umbers? Phil Hay says Redfearn wants him to stay.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Just seen a video of Granddi N'Goyi on youtube (I know, I know, but I was trying to see what sort of player he was, not how good he was) and he looks useful. He's got really long legs so he's good at making long-reaching tackles while still staying on his feet. A bit like Mousa Dembélé. Also tallish so useful for winning aerial balls. Decent strength as well so can hold on to the ball and make space to find a pass. That's the type of player he looks to be anyway, whether he'll be good enough we'll have to wait and see, but he should provide Austin with some competition for the strong-tackling holding midfielder spot.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
SG90

Post by SG90 »

SMorientes wrote:Just seen a video of Granddi N'Goyi on youtube (I know, I know, but I was trying to see what sort of player he was, not how good he was) and he looks useful. He's got really long legs so he's good at making long-reaching tackles while still staying on his feet. A bit like Mousa Dembélé. Also tallish so useful for winning aerial balls. Decent strength as well so can hold on to the ball and make space to find a pass. That's the type of player he looks to be anyway, whether he'll be good enough we'll have to wait and see, but he should provide Austin with some competition for the strong-tackling holding midfielder spot.
He's played the majority of his career in Ligue 1, which is a much better league than the Championship. It's not like he's some Serie B reject, no doubt he'll be accused of being one though. France also tend to produce very good CDMs.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SMorientes wrote:Just seen a video of Granddi N'Goyi on youtube (I know, I know, but I was trying to see what sort of player he was, not how good he was) and he looks useful. He's got really long legs so he's good at making long-reaching tackles while still staying on his feet. A bit like Mousa Dembélé. Also tallish so useful for winning aerial balls. Decent strength as well so can hold on to the ball and make space to find a pass. That's the type of player he looks to be anyway, whether he'll be good enough we'll have to wait and see, but he should provide Austin with some competition for the strong-tackling holding midfielder spot.
You've made him sound like Patrick Vieira ! :lolno:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Never seen N'Goyi make a driving run through the middle on youtube, a highlight like that would definitely be on there, so not quite like Vieira. More like Vieira's midfield partner, the invisible wall- Gilberto Silva.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Gilberto Silva sounds good, just what we need. A brickwall in the heart of midfield protecting the defence.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

N'goyi would be another great signing along with Bamba, just a striker needed and a job well done. Things are running better without Cellino in charge. :crazy: :lolno:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT