2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by SiMamu »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... from-leeds
Only just seen that Sky Sports reported Pearce to Wigan yesterday, may be some weight to it. Here's the main quote on Pearce:
Pearce, meanwhile, has been allowed to speak to Wigan after Leeds secured a loan for Ivory Coast international defender Sol Bamba from Palermo last week.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I thought we had a transfer embargo in place ?
Winner of the Europa League
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I thought we had a transfer embargo in place ?
We do, but it doesn't mean no transfers :shock:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Nic wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:I thought we had a transfer embargo in place ?
We do, but it doesn't mean no transfers :shock:
Unless I've missed summart whilst I was away only Warnock's gone so far.
Winner of the Europa League
RamseyWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by RamseyWhite »

I heard a rumour that Redfearn & Cellino had a major spat on selling Pearce & Sharp.
If so, it will be interesting to see what happens.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

RamseyWhite wrote:I heard a rumour that Redfearn & Cellino had a major spat on selling Pearce & Sharp.

Billy Sharp has been a let down for me, I was so excited when he signed, thought he would be a great signing, a complete replacement for Mcormacks goals, but he just hasn't performed. Not totally blaming him, but he hasn't brought much to the table and I can see him going. As for Pearce, he is a honest hard grafting no frills defender, but those who are conisuers of the defensive arts, mostly say he lacks something. I would prefer to keep them both, all hands to the deck in our fight against relegation, but if they do go, then for me it wouldn't be a surprise, their performances haven't been up to scratch.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

RamseyWhite wrote:I heard a rumour that Redfearn & Cellino had a major spat on selling Pearce & Sharp.
Not as bad as the rumours on Twitter about Zac Thompson nutting Antenucci during a friendly vs. Fleetwood, imo. Apparently we fielded a team of foreigners, who were ignoring Redfearn's instructions and only listened to Salerno, so Zac 'hasn't played since August 2013' Thompson got in a scuffle with Antenucci over it. We lost the game 2-0: http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/art ... 30081.aspx
Only one guy reporting it, and he's since deleted his tweets. Not sure what to make of it other than it's quite funny but also provides possible evidence for a divide in the dressing room based on language which somewhat explains the recent dropping of the Italians. Of course, it's completely unproven.
Apparently not the first busy up either, after Austin had a go at Bellusci for 'two footing' Cook. That one is slightly more believable, tbf
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

SiMamu wrote:[Not as bad as the rumours on Twitter about Zac Thompson nutting Antenucci during a friendly vs. Fleetwood, imo. Apparently we fielded a team of foreigners, who were ignoring Redfearn's instructions and only listened to Salerno, so Zac 'hasn't played since August 2013' Thompson got in a scuffle with Antenucci over it. We lost the game 2-0: http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/art ... 30081.aspx
Only one guy reporting it, and he's since deleted his tweets. Not sure what to make of it other than it's quite funny but also provides possible evidence for a divide in the dressing room based on language which somewhat explains the recent dropping of the Italians. Of course, it's completely unproven.
Apparently not the first busy up either, after Austin had a go at Bellusci for 'two footing' Cook. That one is slightly more believable, tbf
That's a very sad thing to make up tbh, never really believe any of the nonsense on Twitter. Not what we need either.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

The same Pearce who Redfearn stripped of captaincy and barely plays? I thought he didn't like Sharp as well.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Andrew Haigh ‏@AndrewHaigh · 7m7 minutes ago
Hearing #lufc are lining up... wait for it.... you'll never believe this.... a winger. An actual winger.