Is Cellino coming back?????

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
superwhites
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Is Cellino coming back?????

Post by superwhites »

Is there a chance he will pack his bags and leave??
In reality he is a businessman who has 3 months to sort out any financial stuff
and bugger off to Italy,never to be seen again. :wave:
A lot of time to have a long hard think whether his future is Leeds or not.

Havent seen a lot of "dedicated to the cause" press stuff since the FA decision
johndivney
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Is Cellino coming back?????

Post by johndivney »

He hasn't really even left.

If you'd invested as much as he has in the club, you'd be sticking around a while longer for a return. He's not going to write-off all those millions.

There seems an undercurrent of ingratitude towards Mr Cellino that I can't get my head round. Certain sections of the fans would happily see the back of him.
I for one, am firmly behind him & have faith in his motives (& means). I think he'll do right by us come the end of the relationship, which I hope isn't for a long time yet. Looking forward to when he's officially back in charge & whatever next scheme the xenophobic British media & anti-Leeds FA pull to try & run him out again.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

He has a lot of unfinished business at a Leeds and hopefully we stay up and he brings in a few more better players in the summer, so we are battling at the top of the table, instead of the bottom. Under GFH and Bates, we didn't get the investment on enough quality young players, but under Cellino I think this will happen. The alternative to him, is likely to be another Bates, or GFH, which is the last thing any of us wants. He's far from perfect, but he's by far better than the last two owners.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Aces wrote:The alternative to him, is likely to be another Bates, or GFH,
:eh: based on what?
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

SMorientes wrote:
Probably on the facts that we don't own assets, whilst our overspend may be getting under control there would be outstanding loans to GFH and Massimo to pay off, and not in the premiership nor currently pushing to be. So it's unlikely someone with spare billions would come in, there are better prospects out there. Meaning more likely someone who doesn't do due diligence or someone who aims to extract what they can.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SMorientes wrote:
Based on what we've had previously. Cellino is the closest we've had to having someone with mega money, not that we've seen a lot of it. Obviously we could get taken over by an Mega rich Arab, or a Russian Oligarch, but then again, we might not. Cellino is a devil, but a better devil than GFH and Bates.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

I honestly think he will buy out GFH and repurchase the ground in April ... His own version of f... Off to the football league.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Cellino is at fault for why we are in this relegation battle, because he messed up with the choice of coaches. He's done a lot of good, but this is a massive stupid person up by him and if we get relegated, it will all be down to him. I believe the squad has improved from last year, but not having a really good coach in to mould and guide them as seen us been plunged into a relegation battle.