2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by SiMamu »

SMorientes wrote:
SiMamu wrote: I was born in Leeds...
Supporting Man Utd in a city full of Leeds fans just doesn't sound like a very good idea.

But what Cellino has brought in so far isn't better than the 3 ex-captains being sold. Austin > Bianchi, Warnock > Berardi. Pearce = Bellusci.
Yeah it's not a good idea but plenty do, more and more so these days.
Definitely disagree that Pearce = Bellusci!
Bellusci's more talented, but he takes far more risks that have one'so heart in one's mouth. He's not a natural defender. Pearce isn't great, but takes far fewer risks, he makes mistakes that are common to average defenders, than the mistakes that Bellusci makes which are born out of stupidity.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

SiMamu wrote: Bellusci's more talented, but he takes far more risks that have one'so heart in one's mouth. He's not a natural defender. Pearce isn't great, but takes far fewer risks, he makes mistakes that are common to average defenders, than the mistakes that Bellusci makes which are born out of stupidity.
Pearce has my heart in my mouth far more than Bellusci does, because Bellusci looks composed on the ball whereas Pearce looks clueless with a ball at his feet. Also without the ball he throws himself about a lot instead of staying on his feet which has the same effect.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SMorientes wrote:
SiMamu wrote: Bellusci's more talented, but he takes far more risks that have one'so heart in one's mouth. He's not a natural defender. Pearce isn't great, but takes far fewer risks, he makes mistakes that are common to average defenders, than the mistakes that Bellusci makes which are born out of stupidity.
Pearce has my heart in my mouth far more than Bellusci does, because Bellusci looks composed on the ball whereas Pearce looks clueless with a ball at his feet. Also without the ball he throws himself about a lot instead of staying on his feet which has the same effect.
Pearce doesn't backheel it out of the area though, although his positioning is shocking - but that's to be expected from a classic English centre half. Bellusci's makes stupider tackles and when he tries to dribble it out I have a mini freak out, although he's generally quite good at it.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Just read that Redfearn doesn't want to sell Austin no matter what.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY · 4h4 hours ago  Walton, England
#lufc NR played down any worries of Lewis Cook leaving. " He's an immense talent who loves playing for Leeds United."
#lufc NR:"Rudi is not for sale.... You want to keep your better players."
#lufc NR says Pearce will probably go to Wigan. Pearce not trained at Leeds today. Wants to keep Austin.

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 4h4 hours ago
From Redfearn's presser, Pearce hasn't been at Thorp Arch today. His move to Wigan is very close. #lufc
Rudy Austin has trained today. Wigan are interested but Redfearn said "for me Rudy's not for sale at any price." #lufc

Lee Sobot @LeeSobotYEP
· 4h 4 hours ago
Redfearn: "For me Rudy is not for sale at all costs. You don't sell your better players." #lufc
Jason Pearce did not train with the club today and looks like he is on his way to Wigan. Redfearn: "That may be the case." #lufc
Neil Redfearn on Rudy Austin: "I want to keep our better players, players that are going to benefit us for years to come." #lufc
Upshot of that presser is that Jason Pearce looks destined for Wigan. But it's 'hands off' Rudy Austin, at all costs, says Redders. #lufc

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-7078628
Last edited by SiMamu on 29 Jan 2015, 17:59, edited 2 times in total.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

The fact Redfearn says "for me" doesn't fill me with confidence.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Aaron wrote:The fact Redfearn says "for me" doesn't fill me with confidence.
Fact is he is out of contract in the summer - either he gets a new contract or we sell for £500k me thinks.
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

I'd hope he gets a new contract. Should we get an injury or two Austin is much better than having to rely on Norris or Tongue, he provides competition for places, he can make an impact coming off the bench, he provides a more physical aspect to our game and I think his performances in our recent turn of form show that he is an asset to the club.

I just hope MC see's this, I'd rather have Austin than Bianchi. If we get rid, I can see us ending up with too many midfielders who are like for like.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

There's 4 days to go before the transfer window closes and I'm fairly happy with how things are at present. It looks like Pearce might be going, but Bamba has good pedigree. I would like a quality striker though, but it looks unlikely now, the best we can hope for is Cani and I'm not certain he's an improvement on what we've got.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:There's 4 days to go before the transfer window closes and I'm fairly happy with how things are at present. It looks like Pearce might be going, but Bamba has good pedigree. I would like a quality striker though, but it looks unlikely now, the best we can hope for is Cani and I'm not certain he's an improvement on what we've got.
I think we're fine up top, we just need to improve the service. I don't see the point in Can as Morison's better. The squad's alright, but I'd like a winger before the window ends, as right now we're playing central midfielders at LM.