2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Am surprised that Tonge & Norris are still gainfully employed by the club.
Winner of the Europa League
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Am surprised that Tonge & Norris are still gainfully employed by the club.
Norris has sat happily here for a year and half with only two appearances, he's clearly happy to drain wages. Tonge helped Redfearn out earlier in the season, so Redfearn probably looks upon him as part of his coaching staff, hence why he's still here.

Mc10, you've forgotten Byram at RM. And we've been linked with Woolford and Pringle - two wingers.

Campbell's apparently just rejected QPR to fight for his place so I'm not sure if that move will happen.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Am surprised that Tonge & Norris are still gainfully employed by the club.
Tonge has shown he can fill in here and there and put in a shift. Norris, though, is a waste of wages.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Fraizer Campbell would be a great signing - a bit of pace up top and offers something different. Still think we could do with a lw though. Knockaert isn't featuring atm.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Alex Aldridge ‏@accordingtoaldo · 2m2 minutes ago
Holloway says Woolford could join #lufc on Monday. #millwall working on "one or two" incomings but Lions boss also pointed to loan window
I think this guy might be Millwall's Phil Hay, he's Chief Sports Reporter for the @Southwark_News. Editor of @NewsAtDen. Pringle started for Rotherham today, Woolford didn't make the matchday squad, so I think the latter is more likely.
And now confirmed by our Phil Hay, Phil Hay:
Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 3m3 minutes ago
Ian Holloway indicating tonight that Martyn Woolford could be on his way from Millwall to Leeds before Monday's deadline. #lufc
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 42s42 seconds ago
I've asked around about Fraizer Campbell. People at this end playing it down, people at Palace end say he's on big cash and won't be leaving
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Never rated Pearce - slow, error prone, didn't know what to do with the ball when he got it, big heart but that's it. When we signed him from about to be relegated Portsmouth I had my doubts - he just confirmed them. Campbell would be a good signing but probably too expensive. Don't know Woolford but Millwall aren't exactly riding high - Pearce all over again?
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Sean Taylor ‏@seantaylorpress · 3m3 minutes ago
RE: Leeds & Martyn Woolford
Ian Holloway post-match today said ``#lufc manager wants him but I'm not sure [if he can sign him]``
http://www.newsatden.co.uk/45699-woolfo ... shuts.html
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

I actually wish Pearce all the best for his future. People forget that he suffered all the trauma of Portsmouth's financial demise before moving to Leeds. To come to LUFC with GFH's promises of financial stability, only to find out that it's "deja vu", is asking a lot for anybody's sanity - he is a human being like the rest of us. At least with Wigan, the ownership and financial stability of the club isn't currently in question, so I can empathise (but not sympathise) with his motivation. He's not the best defender in the Championship in my opinion, but nobody ever questioned his effort and commitment to our cause until he was recently dropped.
We're on our way to....
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Wilfred Martin wrote:I actually wish Pearce all the best for his future. People forget that he suffered all the trauma of Portsmouth's financial demise before moving to Leeds. To come to LUFC with GFH's promises of financial stability, only to find out that it's "deja vu", is asking a lot for anybody's sanity - he is a human being like the rest of us. At least with Wigan, the ownership and financial stability of the club isn't currently in question, so I can empathise (but not sympathise) with his motivation. He's not the best defender in the Championship in my opinion, but nobody ever questioned his effort and commitment to our cause until he was recently dropped.
:clap:

So many sudden critics, and suddenly so many fans of Tom Lees, the new Beckenbauer.

There have been plenty worse defenders here than Pearce, but then again, he should have kept quiet, regardless of whether he's right or wrong.