2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by SiMamu »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 2h2 hours ago
A good contact in Italy says Edgar Cani to Leeds is almost done. Half-season loan, paperwork expected to be completed on Monday. #lufc
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP · 37m 37 minutes ago
Been trying to find out more about Woolford transfer. It seems that Millwall are interested in a swap deal involving Michael Tonge. #lufc
Tonge and Woolford are both out of contract in the summer. #lufc
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I 've been pondering our left wing situation and what kind of winger we need, with a view to the summer when the embargo is lifted. If we are stick with a 4-2-3-1, or systems like it (e.g. 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1, etc.), then it is also likely we'll stick with playing a big man, like Morison, up top as Redfearn believes a target man is required to hold up and be played off of in a one striker system, and I'm inclined to agree. With this system, the best wide option would be a wide forward to make runs in behind Morison, whilst also providing some pace, as Morison drops deep to hold it up before playing it to an onrushing midfielder. Someone like Sean Scannell would be ideal for that wide berth, although he doesn't score much, but he certainly causes problems with his dribbling ability and pace, perhaps even our very own Nicky Ajose is the solution, of whom seems to be doing well at Crewe.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I wouldn't want Woolford on a permanent basis, so I'd say no to the swap with Tonge. He should just be a stop gap signing while we're in an embargo, because we could do much better in the summer and I don't want to be left with another player we need to offload.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

SiMamu wrote:I 've been pondering our left wing situation and what kind of winger we need, with a view to the summer when the embargo is lifted. If we are stick with a 4-2-3-1, or systems like it (e.g. 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1, etc.), then it is also likely we'll stick with playing a big man, like Morison, up top as Redfearn believes a target man is required to hold up and be played off of in a one striker system, and I'm inclined to agree. With this system, the best wide option would be a wide forward to make runs in behind Morison, whilst also providing some pace, as Morison drops deep to hold it up before playing it to an onrushing midfielder. Someone like Sean Scannell would be ideal for that wide berth, although he doesn't score much, but he certainly causes problems with his dribbling ability and pace, perhaps even our very own Nicky Ajose is the solution, of whom seems to be doing well at Crewe.
I like that Marcus Maddison from Peterborough, but knowing them, they'd probably want about £5m for him.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Good luck to Pearce. Always thought he showed promise but lacked consistency. Nothing he said really bothers me. He didn't think he was going to be a regular under Redfearn so made it known he wanted to move on. Never had a problem with players who would rather move and get regular starts than sit on the bench or in the reserves.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Just something worth mentioning: Woolford got 7 goals in the league last season, 9 in all comps, from the wings, which is a pretty good return.
Sigmund
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Sigmund »

Width and pace with Championship experience sounds okay to me, building blocks just now.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I must say Woolford looks real quality on FM15.
And before everyone says "it's just a game!" the database is used by ProZone these days, so they're normally pretty spot on, especially with older players (he's 29).
Sigmund
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Sigmund »

I agree rigger, we need to recognise where we are right now and I think this lad would be okay.