2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by Nic »

There is a vast difference between teaching 30 and coaching players, purely on the grounds of 1-to-1 coaching/observation etc.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

My first teacher at secondary school didn't need TA's. (though they didn't exist then). He was ex-Army having been through the Second World War. We called him 'Sir' and didn't speak unless spoken to. Any (rare) disobedience resulted in physical retribution that bordered on gbh. :shock: Didn't do us any harm and was a powerful incentive to study. This was 1947.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:My first teacher at secondary school didn't need TA's. (though they didn't exist then). He was ex-Army having been through the Second World War. We called him 'Sir' and didn't speak unless spoken to. Any (rare) disobedience resulted in physical retribution that bordered on gbh. :shock: Didn't do us any harm and was a powerful incentive to study. This was 1947.

If only we could go back there, half the problems of the day would just disappear ...
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Sorry, didn't realise this was 'Transfer rumours in and out'. :crazy:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Sorry, didn't realise this was 'Transfer rumours in and out'. :crazy:
My fault, mate - sorry.

What about Ronaldo coming out of retirement to play in the MLS eh ?
Anyone else think we should try and tempt him over here instead ?? :D
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Seems like Redfern is looking for a few loan signings until end of season.
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-7126206

While I understand logic of same, would it not make equal sense to see what Dawson, Doukara, Montenegro and adryan could offer
instead. It looks likely that relegation is now unlikely, so I can see an argument in testing what we have at the club. At least we'll know whether they are good enough by end of season.
Nic

Post by Nic »

gilesdriveby wrote:Seems like Redfern is looking for a few loan signings until end of season.

While I understand logic of same, would it not make equal sense to see what Dawson, Doukara, Montenegro and adryan could offer
instead. It looks likely that relegation is now unlikely, so I can see an argument in testing what we have at the club. At least we'll know whether they are good enough by end of season.
For midfield. He mentions Adryan and Montenegro, who are attacking players - along with Doukara, so I guess he wants more defensive midfielders?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nic wrote:
gilesdriveby wrote:Seems like Redfern is looking for a few loan signings until end of season.

For midfield. He mentions Adryan and Montenegro, who are attacking players - along with Doukara, so I guess he wants more defensive midfielders?
Thought we already loaned Ngoyi for that role or is his injury worse than we were led to believe, about time we saw him.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Selby White wrote:
Nic wrote:

Thought we already loaned Ngoyi for that role or is his injury worse than we were led to believe, about time we saw him.
Redfearn named four strikers on the bench at The Amex, as he had done in previous fixtures, and said a lack of midfielders was putting heavy pressure on his team. The 49-year-old, who has lost Tommaso Bianch and Grandi Ngoyi to injury recently, is continuing to push for new signings before the Football League’s emergency window closes at the end of next month. Leeds remain under a Financial Fair Play (FFP) transfer embargo but the club are permitted to loan players for a maximum cost of around £11,000 a week.
Sounds like he's expecting them out for the remainder of the season.
Costy

Post by Costy »

It's players who can do a job on the left or right that we're short of. Putting sloth there in place of byram was unfair and was not the answer. Austin is the only other player with the stamina for that position but he's not the best on the ball. If he's looking for extra players, it's got to be players who are comfortable wide.