2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 130

Re: 2014/15 Transfer rumours in and out

Post by Deleted User 130 »

This was my gripe about getting rid of Warnock. Charlie Taylor has done really well at LB, but I believe from what I've seen that he could have done even better further upfield.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Costy wrote:It's players who can do a job on the left or right that we're short of. Putting sloth there in place of byram was unfair and was not the answer. Austin is the only other player with the stamina for that position but he's not the best on the ball. If he's looking for extra players, it's got to be players who are comfortable wide.
Sloth needs to be given a few games in the middle of the three, as it is his best position, and Adryan and Montenegro are capable of playing wide

However Redfearn seems reluctant to give any of these three a real opportunity to show their quality.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

MOT1964 wrote:
Costy wrote:It's players who can do a job on the left or right that we're short of. Putting sloth there in place of byram was unfair and was not the answer. Austin is the only other player with the stamina for that position but he's not the best on the ball. If he's looking for extra players, it's got to be players who are comfortable wide.
Sloth needs to be given a few games in the middle of the three, as it is his best position, and Adryan and Montenegro are capable of playing wide

However Redfearn seems reluctant to give any of these three a real opportunity to show their quality.
Picking Sloth and putting him on the right was unfair? What was unfair was him not tracking back and leaving his fullback exposed. Too often this season he has been picked and not put a shift in. That is the minimum requirement from any player. You can't afford any passengers in modern day football.

So you should leave Murphy, Cook or Austin out to fit Sloth in who has not performed to there standard consistently when given the chance? Redfearn sees these players everyday in training. They are obviously not doing enough to convince Redders that he can rely on them.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
The Young Bremner
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by The Young Bremner »

birkybullufc wrote:
MOT1964 wrote:

Picking Sloth and putting him on the right was unfair? What was unfair was him not tracking back and leaving his fullback exposed. Too often this season he has been picked and not put a shift in. That is the minimum requirement from any player. You can't afford any passengers in modern day football.

So you should leave Murphy, Cook or Austin out to fit Sloth in who has not performed to there standard consistently when given the chance? Redfearn sees these players everyday in training. They are obviously not doing enough to convince Redders that he can rely on them.
Cracking post, exactly the same for Adryan too.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

onenorthernsoul wrote:This was my gripe about getting rid of Warnock. Charlie Taylor has done really well at LB, but I believe from what I've seen that he could have done even better further upfield.
Although I think you are right about Taylor having the ability to play further forward I doubt if Warnock was still here he would have got much game time. Just cant imagine Redders selecting him above any of our preferred midfield five (Austin, Murphy, Cook, Mowatt or Byram), also suspect a few of our back up players would be in front of him in the pecking order.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

MOT1964 wrote:

Adryan wouldn't have solved the problem of losing Byram, Montenegro or Doukara may have. Adryan, like Sloth, is an attacking midfielder. Whilst he works harder than Sloth, is quicker than Sloth and a better dribbler. We would have had a similar issue going forward to what we had with our midfield on Tuesday. All of them are central or central attacking midfielders who want the ball to feet in order to make the forward pass, none of them would make the necessary runs in behind that Byram has been making in useful weeks. Neither Adryan or Sloth would have solved the real issue with losing Byram, in terms of the forward runs in behind needed, particularly as Morison tends to be played off of, rather than in behind to.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Selby White wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:This was my gripe about getting rid of Warnock. Charlie Taylor has done really well at LB, but I believe from what I've seen that he could have done even better further upfield.
Although I think you are right about Taylor having the ability to play further forward I doubt if Warnock was still here he would have got much game time. Just cant imagine Redders selecting him above any of our preferred midfield five (Austin, Murphy, Cook, Mowatt or Byram), also suspect a few of our back up players would be in front of him in the pecking order.
Except Warnock was captain and virtually first name on the sheet. IMHO.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

onenorthernsoul wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Except Warnock was captain and virtually first name on the sheet. IMHO.

Exactly Warnock would be first choice i agree, because he was sold gave Taylor the opportunity that he wouldn't otherwise have got. What I'm saying is i dont believe if Taylor was not LB he wouldn't get picked further up the field because of the number of midfielders ahead of him in the pecking order.
Pleased the lad as done well.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

birkybullufc wrote:
MOT1964 wrote:

I wouldn't have left any of them out - as I suggested I would have put Austin on the right to replace byram as he is more suited to it than sloth, and would have put sloth at the front of the midfield three, his proper position, where we might see him in a better light.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY · 32m32 minutes ago  Huddersfield, England
#lufc Umbers : "All Contracts are going to be dealt with at the end of the season so as to avoid any distraction or loss of focus..."

West Yorkshire Sport ‏@WYSdaily · 11m11 minutes ago  Huddersfield, England
#lufc Chairman Andrew Umbers: "Any strengthening of the squad will be done in early Summer and for the benefit of the longer term."

Not very encouraging :|
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."