Leeds United Fans LLP - latest update

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 130

Re: Leeds United Fans LLP - March 2nd update

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Progress Update – Monday, 2nd March 2015

LFLLP_logo_home_500px

Last week was a busy one for Leeds Fans LLP. We had a very positive start to the week when we launched our film showing how much we’ve achieved in a very short space of time. We received very positive feedback from everywhere, including Andrew Umbers, Chairman of Leeds United who told Dylan he thought it was “a very good film”.

While the Russell Crowe activity did raise our profile even more, it’s important to note that he’s one of many people that we’re in touch with about fan ownership. Sharon and Dylan have a meeting in Scotland on Monday with the team behind Rangers First, where we will talk through all of their activity and learn more about how they went about things at Rangers. While our model will be different to theirs, they’ve gained a lot of experience and knowledge in the year since they launched and their knowledge will be very valuable for us.

Our Financial, Legal and Infrastructure teams are doing fantastic work behind the scenes, and we are now working closely with the legal team that delivered £2.5m to FC United of Manchester. We should be able to share a confirmed finance model soon, and at this stage we know that the vehicle will be totally unique and bespoke for the specific needs of Leeds United.

We had coverage in nearly every single national newspaper last week as well as most of the local Yorkshire media – Look North, BBC Radio Leeds, the YEP and Radio Aire all covered the Russell Crowe story, but importantly got our messages across about the importance of fan ownership and the work we are doing. We’ve contacted the South Sydney Rabbitohs to try and track down the 6 part show that Russell mentioned in his tweets, and will add these to the site once we get them. Russell is back in the UK next month and we will try to get a face to face to see if we can get something more concrete from him.

Last week we were very encouraged by the results of the LUST survey that showed only a tiny 4% of their members would not support the work of Leeds Fans LLP. LUST are one of many fan groups that we will be working with on our fundraising but it’s very good to hear such a big majority are in favour of what we are doing.

Finally, Dylan has accepted the invitation of Andrew Umbers to be his guest in the Director’s Box on against Ipswich on Wednesday. On the Leeds United ownership front, it is impossible to be certain of the meaning of Mr. Cellino’s press release on Tuesday. It just adds to the urgency of our task, as we really can’t be sure what will happen in April – but whatever the circumstance, we do need to be sitting on a significant cash sum to make sure our voice is heard.

Thanks for all your continued support.

Steve, Dylan, Petter, Brendan and Sharon
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Leeds United Fans LLP - latest update

Post by Selby White »

ONS,
Interesting reading things certainly seem to be moving in a forward direction.

Couple of questions you may be able to answer,
Did someone from LLP actually speak with Russell Crowe or was the contact just through tweets ?

You mention 4% of the Lust survey were against supporting the initiative, what ratio of the other 96% said they would support it ? (i'm assumng a proportion are sitting on the fence).
On the same note what sort of numbers took part in the survey ?

Thanks for keeping us updated.
SW
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 130

Selby White wrote:ONS,
Interesting reading things certainly seem to be moving in a forward direction.

Couple of questions you may be able to answer,
Did someone from LLP actually speak with Russell Crowe or was the contact just through tweets ?

You mention 4% of the Lust survey were against supporting the initiative, what ratio of the other 96% said they would support it ? (i'm assumng a proportion are sitting on the fence).
On the same note what sort of numbers took part in the survey ?

Thanks for keeping us updated.
SW
Hi SW. It did all begin with Tweets between RC and Dylan Thwaites. I don't know what has happened since, if anything, but I do believe his management has been contacted directly. That's genuinely all I know.

http://lufctrust.squarespace.com/blog/2 ... -2015.html

shows all the LUST survey data. I am being diplomatic here when I say that LUST have had, I believe, a few voices being shall we say defensive about LF LLP and the original TL meeting when really it should be the chairman doing the talking on behalf of LUST's members. This survey took ages to take place and so did the results being revealed, I don't know why.

Leeds Fans LLP is purely and simply about getting Leeds fans working together but there have been a very few sceptics on this matter, at least one of them is or was on LUST's board and being vocal against anything we were trying to do, purportedly speaking on behalf of LUSt as a whole. Thankfully, this survey is clear evidence that the vast majority of their members are For working with us.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Rob thanks for keeping us up to speed with this I'm sure im not alone in saying how much it's appreciated.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 130

Thanks Phil but it genuinely is no trouble for me, and this forum deserves it :)
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

:thumbup:
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Thanks for the answers ONS, must say its certainly been a subject of debate in the local Pub, don't think anyone is negative, quite a few positive about it but are others siting on the fence and waiting to see what happens.
Main thing is we all want the best for Leeds United and get the Club back to where we all believe it belongs. :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 130

Exactly, and true Leeds fans helping to get the club there is the main reason I'm involved AND others who are MORE involved too. It's only natural to be dubious of strangers, I've no qualms with that and fence-sitting is the sensible thing to do if you're not convinced :)

Still, anyone who is cynical and convinced that certain individuals involved are not trustworthy, that's the battle.

It's regrettable - and this is not consciously aimed at anyone on here - that individuals involved in running (ruining). owning and controlling the club have somehow amazingly convinced a tiny minority of fans that they are in it for the good of Leeds United rather than their own selfish gain. What galls me is the in-fighting amongst the support when for instance getting rid of GFH is the focus.

But we'll Keep Fighting for what I believe wholeheartedly is the 'good fight'.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

I don't think there is anyone anti outing GFH - it's just 1. That GFH won't sell for much less than £30m & 2. Cellino has first option if they do wish to sell. On the negative - I feel some of the statements coming out of the LLP are a touch arrogant as regards the quality of their team, & I believe there are some wholesale inaccuraciences in the numbers they presented & the assumptions they made. Their aspiration & intentions are commendable, however this only becomes of real interest when they make a formal approach to GFH & that offer is not rebuffed point blank. Things will become a lot clearer at the end of the season when the revised balence sheet is revealed - at that point we will see the true finacial picture & we can probably make a proper judgement call on Cellino - if he delivers what he has said he will then we have a good owner & that's all I want - in truth - I'm not bothered who he is or where he comes from as long as he has the clubs interests at heart.
Deleted User 130

I was talking about people being too easily convinced (by little real fact or just by mis-information).

It's clear you didn't agree with Dylan Thwaites' initial remarks about aiming for the non-Cellino owned 25% and that their figure of £30million is a ridiculous and wholly false valuation, especially looking at the strife they have brought on theirselves in the stock market over there.

I'd like to hear why you think LFLLP have been 'arrogant' and what the 'wholesale inaccuracies' actually are.

Yes things might well become a lot clearer at the end of the season, but there are plenty of efforts being made to clarify things for the fans now.

And hasn't Cellino said he won't be coming back until he has his own crap resolved?

By the way, we had the true financial picture explained to us at the LFLLP Meeting as well as in the documentation. If Mr Cellino had insisted on seeing the true financial picture explained to him during Due Diligence then I suspect we would be in a much better position all round.