HELP

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Johnson6987
Giddy Kipper

HELP

Post by Johnson6987 »

Hi,

This is my first post so apologies if its in the wrong area.

I am going to the Leeds game tomorrow - I usually drive but fancy a couple of beers.

I will be getting the train into Leeds City Centre and then heading to elland road.

Whats the best way to get to Elland road from the train station? And also back to the train station following the game?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you :)
Deleted User 728

Re: HELP

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Easy.
Go to the bus pick up underneath the station - where the big black tunnel thing is, just head down there from the Scarborough Taps pub facing the tunnel itself and turn left and you'll see the buses lined up :)
Get a return ticket, but to be honest whenever I use it I hardly ever come back on the bus - the queues are so long, it's better just to head back into town on foot. Follow the crowds, head over the motorway on the walkway and head towards the tall building on the canal and you'll be right back by the station in 20 minutes.
JINJER
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by JINJER »

Shuttle buses go from opposite the Scarborough taps I believe, we always get a minibus so if I'm wrong someone will put me right, and buses back straight after the game.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

You can also get the Number 1 Bus to Beeston which terminates at the Whistlestop pub or you can get off at Beeston shopping centre and go to the old white hart.

The Bus stop for the number 1 i opposite the Hilton Leeds City.

As has been said it easier to walk back in although you can get the bus back from Beeston but it is quicker walking due to traffic.

Will take you about 30 mins to walk back in.
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Sorry to bore everyone with resurrecting a not very exciting thread.

However, will be in Leeds next week for first time ever. :D

Intend going to match next Saturday with my young son. Just wondering where would be best part of stadium to go?

Also any advice regarding how to get from match to airport before 7 (flight back to Dublin) would also be appreciated. Gather that bringing bags to match is not an option.

Cheers.

P.S.
Where is best place in leeds to get replica gear?
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Taxi to airport, and you definitely should book it beforehand, should be around £20, mate. GeeGees is local, they're on 0113 2779889.

There are usually other Leeds fans from Eire so you might be lucky to share a taxi. The LU Shop might be the only place for replica gear, I'm not sure.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:The LU Shop might be the only place for replica gear, I'm not sure.
There's one in town but it's crap - really small selection of gear and then mostly the "fashion" range as opposed to kit and souvenir merchandise.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Go on the Official Site & look under Regional Members Clubs & you'll find loads of contact details on all the Irish RMC's contact them via email asking if they know anyone wanting to share taxi costs. I've met the lads from the Dublin branch & they're a great set of guys who I know would only be too willing to help.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Sorry can't help but just to say I hope everything works out for you and that your young lad has a day to remember. Best of luck.
I once played against Don Revie.