Season Tickets 2015-2016

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Season Tickets 2015-2016

Post by Barlow Boy »

The usual excuse for the delays is the old "we don't know what division we will be in". If only we could have that problem.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

The conspiracy theorist in my nature here believes it has been done so that Cellino can run off with a bit of cash in his pockets and then sell up. Same with getting rid of the young guns. Could all be rubbish of course.

I asked about the June quote (of STs coming out) as I don't remember seeing it officially, but was told it definitely was said by the club that it would be June and not before the end of the season.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Been down to ER, and renewed ours today.

They need to sort this card payment thing out though, I saw at least two people leave without renewing as they didn't have their chequebooks :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Barlow Boy wrote:Been down to ER, and renewed ours today.

They need to sort this card payment thing out though, I saw at least two people leave without renewing as they didn't have their chequebooks :crazy:
I went down on Thursday, ready to pay via debit card, funds in the bank, all systems go! Only to be advised they won't accept cards...

ME: Its a debit card, the funds are there.

STAFF: We only accept Cash and Credit Cards, if you want to use your card you can apply for Zebra Finance and pay it over 5 months.

ME: I don't need finance, I can pay it now, over 5 seconds...

STAFF: Sorry, you can also pay with Club Shop Vouchers...

ME: I'll come back later...

So I ended up coming back with the old cheque book. Good ol Leeds United, there's an easy way, an hard way and the Leeds United way!
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Same happened to me. Strange that you can't use a debit card which is like a fast cheque really. The good news is you can do a bank transfer- I didn't fancy a 60 odd mile return trip with the cheque book. Given that you can just flash your debit card over the reader in Starbucks and elsewhere these days you'd think the biggest club in the world would have this sorted. I've not seen a reasonable explanation anywhere either. Making payment easy must = good business.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mellor wrote: I've not seen a reasonable explanation anywhere either. Making payment easy must = good business.
It really is a strange one as I understand you can pay by debit card if you renew online, which is effectively all the staff are doing when you go to the ticket office, as I received an e-mail to say I had renewed by the time I got to the club shop about 5 minutes later.

Those two people I saw leave yesterday without renewing said they would be back with their chequebooks, and clearly others have on here but I suspect the odd one or two would be thinking sod you then or words to that effect.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

It really is unbelievable in this day and age, can't believe it hasn't been sorted. As BB says not everyone will be back.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Last year they said it was down to financial restrictions, iirc, surely that's still not the case?
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Sheepy wrote:Good ol Leeds United, there's an easy way, an hard way and the Leeds United way!
:mrgreen:
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Mellor wrote: I've not seen a reasonable explanation anywhere either. Making payment easy must = good business.
It really is a strange one as I understand you can pay by debit card if you renew online, which is effectively all the staff are doing when you go to the ticket office, as I received an e-mail to say I had renewed by the time I got to the club shop about 5 minutes later.

Those two people I saw leave yesterday without renewing said they would be back with their chequebooks, and clearly others have on here but I suspect the odd one or two would be thinking sod you then or words to that effect.

I wasn't able to use my Debit Card on line but after an e mail to the ticket office ( who I always find really helpful ) I received the bank transfer details. Odd?
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente