Redders

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2747

Re: Redders

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32373059

Dont know if anyone has read this?

"He's done a brilliant job and it's quite sad watching him out there every morning on his own," Morison said.
"He is out there putting out balls and cones, I've never known a manager to do that. He seems to be doing a hell of a lot.

"It's been like this all season. It's been one of those seasons where every day something different happens. I have never known anything like it.

Says it all really!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yeah, I saw that.
Nice of Morison to stick up for him - though he did it in a nicely veiled way :)

The line that stood out for me was this, though:

"He hands out our (room) cards when we stay in hotels. He's going above and beyond."

That really highlights, firstly, the perspective of a (relatively) pampered professional footballer and, secondly, the absolute lack of staff at the club.
It's obviously not much of a hardship for Redfearn to do that - ask any manager who books in a group for a conference, for example - but it does mean we don't have a transport manager or even a PA for Redfearn.
I'm imagining the only people left working with the first team squad are Redders himself, the U-21 coach, a goalkeeping coach, a doctor/physio, a masseuse, the kitman .. and .. er .. that's it. No fitness staff, no performance/data analysts, no transport/logistics people ... it's a third division set-up.
When you look at the facilities we've got access to (I had to word this sentence carefully) it's pretty woeful.
I'm all for cutting costs, but sooner or later it's gonna tell. What if one of them calls in sick ? Does everyone stay home ??
It's mental ...
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

We have a fitness coach and performance analyst - Matt Pears and Alex Davies respectively.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

I would say Alex has been the busier of the two recently! :lol:
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

phil62 wrote:
Aces wrote:I personally don't think Redders has done himself any favours over the injuryGate scandal.

He could easily have cleared up the Silvestri situation, who looks like he was actually injured and hadn't trained properly and Redders could have made this clear, but chose not to.

Then there's the Antenucci situation, just why he would pretend to be injured when he's so close to a bonus is it? Or a possible extension to his contract, is it again? Why would he feign injury?

If the others cried off sick at the last minute on Friday, then Redders could have said, Silvestri was struggling all week. All the others reported injured on Friday. He might have said this, I don't know, did they report injured at the last minute????

All this has caused a mighty rift in the club/squad, which has seen us fans label the six players as wasters going on an unofficial strike and they might just have done that, but ...... Redfearns vague explanation has made matters worse and it won't have gone unnoticed by Cellino.

It could be argued he has done this because he doesn't care, he knows his days are numbered, well if he knows that, he should have come straight out and said, I don't believe they are injured at all. He would have strengthened his position, because us fans would have supported him even more, making it harder for Cellino to get rid of him.

I believe he fudged his vague explanation, because he hopes he will be kept on, but all he's done is not cleared it up, leaving the fans to speculate over what has happened, the old 2x2 = 68 scenario and rather than helping himself, I feel he's made his position far worse and I don't see him being here next year, unless Cellino is just going to try and sell us on.
I'm with you on this one Aces. All this cloak and dagger stuff helps no one. It is not just Refearn but the 6 players themselves who need to speak out and clear up this situation. However, vague statements just encourage idle speculation. Don't we have medics assessing injuries? Redders is walking on eggshells to protect his position as much as he can but I think he could take the moral high ground here by telling it like it is. All this beating about the bush makes him look like he doesn't know what's going on and that can't be the case can it? Either condemn them or defend them.

What is does show is that a large chunk of the squad has no time for him and that can't be good. As for blaming the Italians for our poor form - that's a nonsense. Silvestre has had a good season, Antenuccci is our top scorer and always gives a good account of himself in the home games that I see, Bianchi looked like a real find earlier on in the season, Del Fabro hasn't been given a chance by Redfearn, Belusci is the enigma - but as he clearly had an ego the size of an elephant so he might be the exception.

It needs sorting out quickly - if they were kids you'd sit them in a room and let them have their say - why not do that? All this heresay just damages the club. Part of me wishes Cellino was around - he doesn't mince his words at least. If they say they don't want to play for Leeds then say good luck and goodbye, if they do then pull together and fight for the whites. Maybe time for a clean slate for all parties.
You guys do know April Fool's Day is just on the 1st of April? :roll:
Follow the cause not the leaders.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Wales international Morison, who scored his first goal for the club in more than two years in the defeat by the Addicks, admitted it was the latest in a long line of unusual events at the club.
"We're around it everyday. People will draw their own conclusions on what happened," he told BBC Radio Leeds.
"It's a tough situation because you have to take things on face value.
"It's been like this all season. It's been one of those seasons where every day something different happens. I have never known anything like it.
"The one thing I have always had is a team spirit. You can get away with being very average if you have that.

"I would class myself as an average footballer but if you have a team around you, it works."

I think the underlined sentences highlight the key to our survival in this league this season. All credit to Redfearn for getting the team spirit in a place where we picked up enough points to get through all the off field stuff.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Just seen this, looks like Redders might be fighting back.

http://www.dailystar...d-Charlton-trip

I've just tried the link and it didn't work for me, so I will give you a brief description of what he said.

Redders isn't going to pick the six players who said they were injured for the last two games of the season, because he doesn't believe they were injured.

Showing some Big Balls is the lad. :think: :clap:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

I'll do it ...
From today's super, soaraway Daily Star : http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... rlton-trip
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EXCLUSIVE: Neil Redfearn will REFUSE to pick the six Leeds rebels who missed Charlton trip
FUMING Leeds boss Neil Redfearn will refuse to pick the six rebels who let him down ahead of last weekend's defeat at Charlton
By Jeremy Cross, Chief Sports Writer / Published 21st April 2015
UNIMPRESSED: Redfearn won't bother picking the players again this season

Redfearn has been left seething after Mirco Antenucci, Giuseppe Bellusci, Dario del Fabro, Marco Silvestri, Souleymane Doukara and Edgar Cani all ruled themselves out of the trip to the Valley, claiming they were injured.

Leeds president Massimo Cellino has rubbished claims that those who withdrew did so at his command.

Five of them were signed by Cellino but the Italian furiously rejected the suggestion that he told them to feign injury.

Now Redfearn has decided he won't pick them for the remaining two games of the Championship campaign.

The Elland Road boss believes the six members of his squad went on strike and were not injured.

He is not prepared to stand for it and will not consider them for selection for the last two matches, Yorkshire derbies against Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham.

A source told Starsport: "All of the six players trained in full on Thursday and had no problems, even though Antenucci finished the session 10 minutes early.

"But then they decided they weren't fit to travel to Charlton. When they didn't turn up the team bus just left without them. The manager couldn't care less, he just won't pick them again."

It is understood the controversial incident has increased tensions between Redfearn and Elland Road bosses, but Cellino is adamant he knew nothing about it.

He said: "I am not a coward and not the sort of guy who tells his players to go on strike. I only found out on Friday evening.

"I admit it looks weird. But if the players were injured, why didn't the manager inform the chairman?"
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Cheers rigger me old mucka.

My iPad is useless, or it might be me that can't use it right.

If it's true he is at last telling it straight, instead of fudging it. Good on him.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

I don't like pads and I loathe Apple products with a passion.
It's so much easier on a desktop no matter what OS you're using ;)