The Cellino Poll 12 days on

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Cellino

In
37%
Out
47%
Do you know I'm still not sure
15%

Total votes: 78

phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: The Cellino Poll 12 days on

Post by phil62 »

Frankie wrote:When Cellino bought the club, he wasn't the only option, there was a tleast one other party that was a viable option, GFH, chose Cellino for whatever reason - dubious at best and the other groups were discredited, by them becasue they wanted to sell to Cellino.

Cellino has apparently only lent the money to the club, so we are really not that much better off. Celllino is now becoming more and more of a liability. He has made himself the manager, but he really should have sacked himself ages ago, due to his poor footballing decisions, his miscalculation of what we need to succeed in the Championship and his atrocious treatment and poor support for all of the 'coaches' under his 'management'.

Just because we have had a decade of crap, it shouldn't mean that we continue to accept crap, just becasue it is purpoted to be not as bad as the crap we had before!
Have all his decisions been bad though? He bolstered a poor squad with some decent players Silvestri, Antenucci, (Bianchi and even Doukara started well enough). Many raved about Bellusci and Cooper early doors and Montenegro, Adryan and Del Fabro looked like they might be great acquisitions. However, in the case of the latter three, we don't know because they have barely kicked a ball. Redfearn has stuck with what he knows, sometimes with success (Cook, Byram), oft times not (Morison, Sharp, - surely the lowest scoring pair of strikers in the Championship. If Cellino was pulling all the strings wouldn't he have insisted all his imports played regularly?
Remember some of the great players our last manager brought in - Norris, Hunt, Kebe, Stewart - no better than Cellino's (actually a lot worse - a load of journeymen filling their pockets).

Okay he got Hockaday and Milanic wrong (although the latter never real had chance) but we were doing very badly and in danger of relegation - the fans on the terraces didn't want them and once that becomes apparent their days are numbered. He has stuck by Redfearn in the face of a mostly poor record (10 wins in 31 and 4 home defeats on the trot when he has been picking 'his' players.

It's not all Cellino others are culpable for our poor season but we are no worse off than 12 months ago, in fact I think our squad is much stronger and with one or two acquisitions in the summer could tilt for promotion, although not with Redfearn in my opinion, as I don't personally think he has the tactical nous to be number one (assistant, maybe but I don't think he'd take it)

It's easy to paint Cellino as the villain of the piece but we all know what a scapegoat is and that's what I think is happening at the moment. As I said - he himself deserves longer, new owners will not necessarily be better ones if history repeats itself.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Cellino a scapegoat???

Remember how he treated good people, like McDermott for instance - publicly questioning the man's integrity, alleging he was on holiday without speaking to him? McDermott was with his mum at the time, his mum who was gravely ill and not long later died.

The man is utterly repulsive, he has made the club even worse since he took over.

Yet some people try to defend him.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

People have different views on Cellino, it's just how it is, it isn't a contest. Some vehemently detest him and see no good in him, or anything he does. Some admit he's made mistakes, but see and acknowledge he has done good things. I doubt there are any avid Cellino supporters left, but there are still those who are willing to give him a chance, to see if he can get us promoted, which is unlikely and they usually add, what is the alternative to him? We all know about GFH and Bates, who are arguably far worse than Cellino and until we see who the next owner is, some can stomach more of Cellino than others can. Where I have a problem is this ..... There are some fans who have so much hatred for Cellino, you can't have a decent debate about him, not aimed at anyone else. But this hatred is so far off kilter that a lot of fans feel ashamed by how they behave and I am one of them, even though I want him gone.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
TezzaWazzaBazza

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

I'm in the wait and see how next season goes camp. I do think he really knows his football and that he wants success at Leeds. I think he will chat with Redfearn before making a decision. Redfearn has used tactics that enabled survival this season, I think he will do things differently with the right players brought in. I think him and Cellino need to reach agreement over that, something that has not been possible because of the ban.

Cellino is erratic, outspoken and need to be taken with a large pinch of salt. The amount of number 2s that's laid at his door is ridiculous though, but comes with the territory I suppose. Social media is a blessing and a curse. But Cellino has got to curb some of his ways for Leeds to achieve anything.
phil62

Post by phil62 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:
phil62 wrote:
Deebo wrote:
phil62 wrote:We can moan about Cellino from dawn until dusk but the fact remains he is our owner. There are a lot of people making assumptions about him without a lot of hard evidence. He insists he's not had much to do with running the club since his ban (but no one seems to want to take that at face value), he has streamlined a leviathan, he brought in 15 players, he paid off debts - he kept the club afloat - are these the actions of a person who doesn't care about the club? I think not

I think it's time to cut the guy some slack to be honest. Chanting 'Cellino Out' etc is out of order in my book (although I detest negative chanting anyway - how the hell does it ever help anything?).

I'm definitely in the 'wait and see' camp. If things haven't moved forwards in a year's time then fair enough, but he barely had a chance to have more of an impact before the FL banned him.

I still have faith in his intentions and his desire, but I seem to be an endangered species if this poll is anything to go by.
Sorry if this seems harsh, but wake up Phil...

Time to cut the guy some slack? How many managers do you want to go through next season? How many of our star players do you want to see sold off? How long do you want to wait for real investment into the club?

The "wait and see" camp must be a very lonely place. I don't think may fans at all are still taking things Cellino says at face value. Support our club by all means, but your faith in Cellino is myopic.

We all sat through the era while Ridsdale "Lived the dream", we watched helpless as Krasner and Co sold the crown jewels and brick and mortar assets of the club, then onto ten years of frustratedly standing by as Ken Bates wrung the last few drops of blood and money out of the club for his own self interest. The latest raping and pillaging by "the arabs" as Bates often refers to GFH as, may pale by comparison by what has come before. Cellino also seems to benefit from the skewed view that he is "not as bad as Bates", but are you really suggesting after this long list of insults and injuries that Leeds supporters are "out of order" for having a go at Cellino?

I would argue that the "Bates Out!" movement helped push Bates out the door much quicker than he wanted, and if Cellino doesn't make some dramatic changes (and I can't see him doing anything remotely sensible in the off-season), then the "CELLINO OUT!" cries will get louder, and louder and louder. Will they be justified? I think by then even you will agree, but can we as a club really afford to "wait and see" anymore???
Hang on Deebo - 'support our club if you wish' -how arrogant is that? I have been a Leeds fan all my life and I am 52 FFS. I thought we were allowed to express our opinions on here - you might not agree with me and that's fair enough, but there's I can't say I appreciate your 'wake up and smell the coffee' attitude.

Cellino has been out of the picture for several months, and he should be given the chance to defend himself. As for Leeds fans being negative on the terraces - I don't like it now and I never have. Frankly, when fans chant of 'Chelsea scum' or 'Your Dad's a C**t and so are you' to Kasper Schmeichel, I think they should hang their heads in shame. It saddens me that people can have such bile in their stomach's to spend their time shouting about Cellino (or Bates for that matter) rather than shouting encouragement to their own team.

I am not the only one on here who wants to 'wait and see', so a little respect please.
sorry Phil but Deebo's post is just as 'disrespectful' as yours... ie not really disrespectful at all. Deebo is clearly bamboozled by your attitude towards Cellino, and he is not the only one but heyho, each to their own.

I personally agree 100% with you about the Schmeichel chants and the Chelsea chants etc, I also don't sing the anti man u songs either as we're not in the same division. I've been mocked gently on here a few times as I try to avoid calling them Scum :P Anyway, Cellino is the enemy here, not fellow Leeds fans, though there's no need for the abusive chants but they'll never stop.
I beg to differ - it was the 'support our club if you wish' that annoyed me, as if I was some interloper with no connection - maybe being a bit sensitive but I lay a penny to a pound it would have annoyed you.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Deleted User 130

You'd have lost your money then, Phil, but fair dos, i see your point :) Deebo was commenting on your opinion on Cellino, not on your character or validity as a Leeds fan.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Cellino will be at ER on Satdee, has apparently got special dispensation from FL. :o
Hope we (us fans) use it (him being there) to show support for Redders & team, rather than it just be a Cellino bashing session. :thumbup:

MOT.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... erham-game
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32501552

Quote from a club spokesman who says only Cellino himself knows if he will turn up on saturday.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32501552

Quote from a club spokesman who says only Cellino himself knows if he will turn up on saturday.
Phil Hay's saying the same thing having spoken to Cellino.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PhilHayYEP/s ... 8999587840
Deleted User 130

PockWhite wrote:Cellino will be at ER on Satdee, has apparently got special dispensation from FL. :o
Hope we (us fans) use it (him being there) to show support for Redders & team, rather than it just be a Cellino bashing session. :thumbup:

MOT.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... erham-game
Why? I doubt it will be too vitriolic even if he is there... he says he doubts he will. I think he will and if so I hope he regrets it.