Thoughts for next season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Thoughts for next season

Post by alwaysleeds »

This season is nearly over, with our beloved team somewhere in No Mans Land in the table. But I'm full of optimism anyway, it's the first time for many years I've seen so many promising youngsters coming through the ranks. So I have come up with some thoughts about our squad for next season, with no suggestions about new players to be bought - just the ones we already have.

Goalkeepers:
We have young Alex Cairns, perhaps a future first choice keeper? But behind him we already have several really promising youngsters in Eric Grimes, Dan Atkinson and Ian Molloy. So the future looks really good, if we can keep them - of course!

Fullbacks:
We already have young stars in our first team in Sam Byram and Charlie Taylor. But behind them I'm full of optimism for Lewie Coyle, Tyler Denton and Luke Booker. No problems for the future as long as we keep all of them - of course!

Centrebacks:
Already we have Ross Killock with a few games in the first team. But behind him we have some really promising youngsters come through the ranks in Afolabi Coker, Jake Skelton and Liam Bennett.

Midfielders:
In this area I'm full of confidence with the likes of Lewis Cook, Alex Mowatt, Chris Dawson, Kalvin Phillips and even Aidan White. And we have Zac Thompson, if he get more chances. But behind them we have several coming stars in Alex Purver, Tom Lyman and Jack Vann. I really hope we'll keep all of them!

Wingers/Forwards:
Here we have Lewis Walters and Luke Parkin. But behind them I have great hopes even for Robbie McDaid, Eoghan Stokes, Munya Mbanje and Frank Mulhern.

For me, the most important thing for next season is to keep all these youngsters - and if we do so, and perhaps buy 3-4 new established players - then we will go up next season. That's a promise!

And, of course - keep Neil Redfearn!!!

Comments?
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Thoughts for next season

Post by Aces »

Cheers for the updates of the youth players, I hope some break through and become superstars, we really need some if we are going to be a team to be reckoned with.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Vann's a centre-back and, like most of the others, a little too young to make the breakthrough next season IMHO.

If we lose Silvestri, I can see Taylor being first choice keeper with Cairns as back-up.
Killock might be ready.
Phillips is now.
Thompson should be.
Heard good things about Walters and Parkin too, but the rest it's too soon for me.

PS - nice to see someone else using the full editor to make their posts easier to read :thumbup:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Cairns, at 21, it's getting to the make or break point, I expect he'll be released in the coming weeks. Zac Thompson is pretty much gone, he's already going for trials at other clubs. Killock's not really at the level he needs to be to make it, at present. Denton and Coyle look promising, many want Coyle in the first team next season. Dawson should see more first team football next season, as should Phillips and hopefully Walters. Parkin looks like he has real potential, and could break into the first team in the near future.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Thoughts for next season, hmmm, probably right now I'm pretty focused on finding the money to renew my season ticket...
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by 18longleeds »

im nuts as well done mine on 5 month plan aiming to get to most of away games as well next year, it is going to be a beautiful season so we are told.
Downunder
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Downunder »

How many players are going to stick around if they get the chance to leave? :crazy:
new signing
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by new signing »

Downunder wrote:How many players are going to stick around if they get the chance to leave? :crazy:
Most fans look forward to the transfer window to see what new players they can bring in. I live in fear of it................. :cry:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

new signing wrote:
Downunder wrote:How many players are going to stick around if they get the chance to leave? :crazy:
Most fans look forward to the transfer window to see what new players they can bring in. I live in fear of it................. :cry:
I can't wait for it, Cellino brought in the most players I can recall last year and his two year plan to get us promoted, should see him bring in some more quality players. Every Leeds fan I know and heard, thought Sharp would be a huge hit for us and most were really excited over Adryan, but it hasn't worked out for either of them, but that's not Cellinos fault. Silvestri, Antenucci and Bamba have been really good signings, plus the likes of Beradi, Bellusci and Cooper haven't been bad and have time to improve next year. Like I say, I'm looking forward to the next lot of transfers to come in. Anything negative COULD happen, like selling our youngsters etc, but I'm a positive person and don't dwell on negative things that might never happen.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Dump 'one up front'. The two promoted teams have scored 95 goals and 90 goals (with a game to play). We have scored 50. Its not rocket science. Watching Bournemouth last night, when they attack they have five, six, seven players in and around the penalty area. We flood our mid-field but seldom (in open play) get numbers into the opposing penalty area.
I once played against Don Revie.