The Cellino Poll 12 days on

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Cellino

In
37%
Out
47%
Do you know I'm still not sure
15%

Total votes: 78

Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: The Cellino Poll 12 days on

Post by Aces »

Part of me still thinks Cellino can succeed and eventually get us promoted, but there's so much going on, I just think his tenure is doomed. I am of the opinion that he himself wants us promoted, which I never really felt Bates did. This summer will be very telling, if we have a good transfer window, it doesn't have to be much better than last year, I think we could be strong squad wise. If Billy Sharp and Adryan had shown what they are capable of, we could have had a season similar to Forest, but Cellino isn't to blame for them two better on paper signings flopping. His intentions were clear, he brought in what looked like a fair number of quality players, but a lot of them just haven't performed. No matter who he brings in, there's no guarantee they will be great, it's the Leeds curse at times and hopefully the new players who do come, will improve us no end. I would say Cellino has at least until next year and the year after, as long as we see a big improvement next year in how many points we get and how high in the table we finish. A top 8 finish, would give Cellino another year to achieve his goal of getting us promoted, but a repeat of this year, will just feed the frenzy for him to be gone.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Aces wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote: Lighten up, I was joking. you should be helping The Express with their UKIP support if the Don't Knows are to be classed as anything but a Don't Know.

Me lighten up ??? :crazy: It was you who stressed out over it, not me. :lolno: I just made a passing comment that I thought more would have voted for Cellino out. 51% isn't that convincing for me, I would have thought it would be above 75%.
As said a couple of times, and indicated by :P , it was a joke. Are you on another WUM campaign Aces/Legends? Anyway, I won't be biting :D
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

onenorthernsoul wrote:
Aces wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote: Lighten up, I was joking. you should be helping The Express with their UKIP support if the Don't Knows are to be classed as anything but a Don't Know.

Me lighten up ??? :crazy: It was you who stressed out over it, not me. :lolno: I just made a passing comment that I thought more would have voted for Cellino out. 51% isn't that convincing for me, I would have thought it would be above 75%.
As said a couple of times, and indicated by :P , it was a joke. Are you on another WUM campaign Aces/Legends? Anyway, I won't be biting :D
Pretty poor show old chap. :thumbdown:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

@PhilHayYEP: According to Massimo Cellino, the Football League has approved his appointment as director and chairman of #lufc. Have asked FL to confirm.
@PhilHayYEP: Cellino says he will be chairman of the board. Andrew Umbers stands down from that position but stays as a director.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Mellor wrote:Cellino should stay and do what he set out to do. He's midway into a 2 year plan. Year 1 was about financial stability/sorting out the weekly deficit and overall debt. Until we see 14/15 accounts we won't know for sure how well that's gone but Umbers (no need to pour scorn on the bloke, I'm not interested) assures us real progress has been made.

MC never promised anything particularly on the football side from memory beyond improving on the mind numbing football played by Warnock and BM. He's done that although we are less exciting now than we were playing the diamond when we scored the goal of the season v Blackpool and could turn defence into attack at pace. We've sacrificed that for solidity which is fair enough but arguably we've regressed a bit. With a decent striker or two, SM and Sharp (despite the misplaced view that given a chance he will score - he won't) really aren't good enough.

MC out leave a void really isn't the answer. MC out rely on LFLLP isn't either. What we need is patience - MC will either press on as he planned or sell. He really doesn't need help from Twitter etc.

And turning Redfearn into an icon isn't particularly helpful either. He deserves his chance next season but if someone else is given that chance so be it - can anyone imagine NR speaking to hotel staff before a game telling them not to sell his players chocolate? Howe did this and is a man for detail and a workaholic. A bit Jose I suspect.

Personally I want the best manager we can get. If that's Redfearn so be it but the divide in the camp, falling apart post Thommo is odd - Fergie moved assistants on without detriment. And Refearn really doesn't have to put the cones out on his own. He has any number of options within the club. And he could have jumped in the dug out with Darko as promised by MC. Odd that he didn't? So he's 'one of us' but is that enough? Only time will tell. One thing's for sure. There will be better managers out there just as there will be better owners.

We now need pace/goal threat and a playing philosophy. Beyond avoid relegation we appear to have lost our way a bit - players out of position, crosses to non existent strikers, more hoof from the goalie than playing out from the back etc.

Any assessment of MCs transfers which takes no account of the financial situation he inherited and the embargo is meaningless IMO. Despite the above he found a number of players better than the journeymen he managed to get off the books. And it was he who wouldn't let Wootton go, said SM would be a key player, that Murphy should push further up field etc and it was NR who said how much he respected MC, how much he enjoyed talking football with him and a host of other positive stuff.

So I'm gonna back the owner and leave the FL (not TWitter) to decide on his suitability. He may not be ideal - how many are - but he's the owner we have. Hounding Bates out brought us to GFH. GFH brought us to MC who some say is worse than Bates, that's Bates who reviewed and improved the academy I recall! Won't fans ever learn?

Hoping for a good close season. Hope everyone has a great summer and then back again next season for what should be a tilt at promotion. It's been great at times this season and never less than interesting.

And Warnock, released to promotion chasing Derby who now aren't only to be replaced at ER by Taylor who has been a bit of star. Unpopular decisions - that's what leaders do. Listen to the fans and we'd still be paying Warnock. Actually listen to the fans and you get Neil Warnock and give Diouf a 17th chance but won't give some of our 'injured' Italians a second chance. No one in their right mind would run a football club. No one in their right mind ever bids to buy LUFC that's for sure!
I have to give you points for at least explaining why you think the way you do. But a lot of what you are arguing, is coming from an opinionated stance, and a misinformed one at that. If you could base more of your arguments on facts, then we might have more of a worthy debate. I am very worried that fans like yourself are happy to trust characters like Umbers without taking into account the huge amount of evidence to the contrary that he does NOT have this club's best interests at heart.

Same for Cellino. There are more court cases pending. He will be banned again. Waiting to see what happens next is probably all we can do, but you make it sound like a choice and the sensible option. It's not an option... its the status quo.

You may question the impotent fury of most Leeds supporters, yet at the very least, they are angry! They are questioning things, and they are actively looking for a different solution. We should be applauding those brave enough to say "WTF is going on?" not complaining that they are ruining the sleeping fan's day out. We should be applauding these angry and dissatisfied fans for continually pointing out the cracks that have been papered over so many times, while other fans really do seem happy to accept the whole stadium might as well be made from paper mache.

:silent:
Deleted User 130

This confused me too, not the first I think criticism of the fan-initiative aiming for fan representation on the Leeds board, aiming for the 25% of the club not owned by Cellino/Eleonora - 'MC out rely on LFLLP isn't either'. The LLP are not trying to fight Cellino and never have.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Deebo wrote:
Mellor wrote:Cellino should stay and do what he set out to do. He's midway into a 2 year plan. Year 1 was about financial stability/sorting out the weekly deficit and overall debt. Until we see 14/15 accounts we won't know for sure how well that's gone but Umbers (no need to pour scorn on the bloke, I'm not interested) assures us real progress has been made.

MC never promised anything particularly on the football side from memory beyond improving on the mind numbing football played by Warnock and BM. He's done that although we are less exciting now than we were playing the diamond when we scored the goal of the season v Blackpool and could turn defence into attack at pace. We've sacrificed that for solidity which is fair enough but arguably we've regressed a bit. With a decent striker or two, SM and Sharp (despite the misplaced view that given a chance he will score - he won't) really aren't good enough.

MC out leave a void really isn't the answer. MC out rely on LFLLP isn't either. What we need is patience - MC will either press on as he planned or sell. He really doesn't need help from Twitter etc.

And turning Redfearn into an icon isn't particularly helpful either. He deserves his chance next season but if someone else is given that chance so be it - can anyone imagine NR speaking to hotel staff before a game telling them not to sell his players chocolate? Howe did this and is a man for detail and a workaholic. A bit Jose I suspect.

Personally I want the best manager we can get. If that's Redfearn so be it but the divide in the camp, falling apart post Thommo is odd - Fergie moved assistants on without detriment. And Refearn really doesn't have to put the cones out on his own. He has any number of options within the club. And he could have jumped in the dug out with Darko as promised by MC. Odd that he didn't? So he's 'one of us' but is that enough? Only time will tell. One thing's for sure. There will be better managers out there just as there will be better owners.

We now need pace/goal threat and a playing philosophy. Beyond avoid relegation we appear to have lost our way a bit - players out of position, crosses to non existent strikers, more hoof from the goalie than playing out from the back etc.

Any assessment of MCs transfers which takes no account of the financial situation he inherited and the embargo is meaningless IMO. Despite the above he found a number of players better than the journeymen he managed to get off the books. And it was he who wouldn't let Wootton go, said SM would be a key player, that Murphy should push further up field etc and it was NR who said how much he respected MC, how much he enjoyed talking football with him and a host of other positive stuff.

So I'm gonna back the owner and leave the FL (not TWitter) to decide on his suitability. He may not be ideal - how many are - but he's the owner we have. Hounding Bates out brought us to GFH. GFH brought us to MC who some say is worse than Bates, that's Bates who reviewed and improved the academy I recall! Won't fans ever learn?

Hoping for a good close season. Hope everyone has a great summer and then back again next season for what should be a tilt at promotion. It's been great at times this season and never less than interesting.

And Warnock, released to promotion chasing Derby who now aren't only to be replaced at ER by Taylor who has been a bit of star. Unpopular decisions - that's what leaders do. Listen to the fans and we'd still be paying Warnock. Actually listen to the fans and you get Neil Warnock and give Diouf a 17th chance but won't give some of our 'injured' Italians a second chance. No one in their right mind would run a football club. No one in their right mind ever bids to buy LUFC that's for sure!
I have to give you points for at least explaining why you think the way you do. But a lot of what you are arguing, is coming from an opinionated stance, and a misinformed one at that. If you could base more of your arguments on facts, then we might have more of a worthy debate. I am very worried that fans like yourself are happy to trust characters like Umbers without taking into account the huge amount of evidence to the contrary that he does NOT have this club's best interests at heart.

Same for Cellino. There are more court cases pending. He will be banned again. Waiting to see what happens next is probably all we can do, but you make it sound like a choice and the sensible option. It's not an option... its the status quo.

You may question the impotent fury of most Leeds supporters, yet at the very least, they are angry! They are questioning things, and they are actively looking for a different solution. We should be applauding those brave enough to say "WTF is going on?" not complaining that they are ruining the sleeping fan's day out. We should be applauding these angry and dissatisfied fans for continually pointing out the cracks that have been papered over so many times, while other fans really do seem happy to accept the whole stadium might as well be made from paper mache.

:silent:
Actually Mellors points have quite a lot of facts and of course includes his opinion aswell, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a forum about different opinions ?
Firstly he is correct in stating its a 2 year plan (always was, Cellino did say that), he also says year one is about getting the finances right, Umbers has stated this is the case but we wont know for sure until they are announced next year.

I agree with him that the football was better and we were more dangerous attacking with the diamond but we leaked goals and it needed changing, however I'll add if the likes of Bamba were with us earlier in the season part of me thinks it would have been more succesful. Actually think the signing of Bamba was just as important in improving results as the change of formation (thats an opinion some may agree others wont).

The fact is SM didn't score enough goals which to me justifies Mellors statement about or stikers.

The Warnock sale, worked out and gave Taylor his chance which I said at the time (if you look back), lots disagreed and argued differently but the facts now tell us it turned out for the best and is a step towards the future.

For all the "Cellino Out" nobody has yet mentioned the alternative "a void" as Mellor says and he is right until a better alternative is available it just doesn't work. Please feel free to tell us the alternative (based on facts of course).
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

onenorthernsoul wrote:This confused me too, not the first I think criticism of the fan-initiative aiming for fan representation on the Leeds board, aiming for the 25% of the club not owned by Cellino/Eleonora - 'MC out rely on LFLLP isn't either'. The LLP are not trying to fight Cellino and never have.
Agree, two totally seperate issues in my opinion.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 130

Sorry, and this isn't referring to anyone directly, but for me the 'wanting Cellino out but be careful what you wish for' argument holds no weight... and I believe that any alternative (official, authorised alternative) will be better. We all know that the FL have let us down badly by allowing Cellino to be here at all, but the fact is we are in trouble for various reasons because of Cellino himself or the people he has hired. I honestly believe we can not get into a worse position, whoever the next owner is.

Saying 'don't ask for Cellino to be bought out because the next could be worse' is like saying don't go out and play a match in case you get thrashed. Cellino seems to love playing our club like a toy, but he has been found out to be a person who shouldn't be allowed entry into the game.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

For all the "Cellino Out" nobody has yet mentioned the alternative "a void" as Mellor says and he is right until a better alternative is available it just doesn't work. Please feel free to tell us the alternative (based on facts of course).

We never know who wants us until they get us. I could name loads of better owners to have but not sure they would want us.

To fear we might get someone worse is like excepting Hitler as your leader because the next guy might be even worse!

What's wrong with saying we want Cellino out because we believe he is bad for Leeds, and if the next owners are as bad or worse we will want them out too!!

Personally I don't think he will be the owner for long, the hold up in contract talks with manager and players smacks of a takeover to me. Maybe they were waiting for him to return before finalising any deal. (wishful thinking) :D