Was Redfearn really treated badly?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Was Redfearn really treated badly?

Post by SiMamu »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Yes, about 50 too many, especially when you title the thread with a simple and not that unreasonable a question but then bleat on about how he wasn't right for the job. And then seem to label anyone who believes Redfearn WAS badly treated as being in his fan club and the like.
No, we're just moral people who don't like to see other degraded and mistreated by egocentric maniacs.

And the Mirror can be taken as reliable here, as they clearly have interviewed Cellino. They produced a couple of articles from the interview and even did a photoshoot, with Cellino breaching health and safety regulations and smoking inside his office.
phil62 wrote: Anyway, he's gone, so let's stop beating on about it and get behind the new man.
You brought him back up...
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

Phil you dragged it all up by starting the thread on it.I didnt even read most of it because in my view its a straight forward answer!. Im not happy about what went on but its done now so we have to move on!.Pointless having the same arguments over and over when everyone has already made their views quite clear.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

SiMamu wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:Yes, about 50 too many, especially when you title the thread with a simple and not that unreasonable a question but then bleat on about how he wasn't right for the job. And then seem to label anyone who believes Redfearn WAS badly treated as being in his fan club and the like.
No, we're just moral people who don't like to see other degraded and mistreated by egocentric maniacs.

And the Mirror can be taken as reliable here, as they clearly have interviewed Cellino. They produced a couple of articles from the interview and even did a photoshoot, with Cellino breaching health and safety regulations and smoking inside his office.
phil62 wrote: Anyway, he's gone, so let's stop beating on about it and get behind the new man.
You brought him back up...
I merely offered my opinion as you have Si - that is not bleating on about it.The thread was meant to draw it to a close that's all. I'm trying to be positive and move on. By the way, are you suggesting I am immoral because I disagree with you - if so kindly take a flying leap. This forum is about opinions, however diverse. I can respect your view without slagging you off.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

:silent: :lolno: :crazy:
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Yes he was treated badly by Cellino, not the club or the fans. I thought that article in the Mirror was vile.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

For me, I just can't be bothered with all the inner wrangling, internal goings on of the club, especially when we NEVER EVER know the truth of what has gone on. If you are against Cellino, for some, this gives them a huge stick to beat him with and I find it really boring and negative, they just moan and bloody moan continuously. I personally would like to see us get a better owner than him, but he's here at the moment, we are stuck with him and I can't see the point in getting our knickers in a twist over every bloody little uncorroberated story about him. My main interest is our teams player quality, how good our coach is, are we financially stable, not much more really. I hear people talking about none team connected staff and I don't know who they are and TBH, I don't really care. If people want to get all het up over Cellino, that's up to them, I think it's pathetic and I have more things to worry about, like my safety at work, my wife and kids health and welfare, do I have enough money to live on, etc, etc. All this anti Cellino crap does is cause huge division between Leeds fans and I don't like that at all, but the way he is painted as the devil, is just ridiculous to the extreme.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Aces wrote:For me, I just can't be bothered with all the inner wrangling, internal goings on of the club, especially when we NEVER EVER know the truth of what has gone on.
Actually we often do, if they're confirmed by reliable sources. Sure, some things are unconfirmed rumours, like the rumour that Steve Thompson was sacked for kicking off at the Italians smoking, but a lot of what goes on internally can be taken as the truth because it has been confirmed by reliable sources - like the presence of Andrea and the recent Steve Head debacle.

I wish I could ignore the behind closed doors stuff like you see you are able to, but I can't.
All this anti Cellino crap does is cause huge division between Leeds fans and I don't like that at all, but the way he is painted as the devil, is just ridiculous to the extreme.
It takes two to tango, both sides of the coin on views on Cellino are responsible for the division - not just the anti Cellino brigade. In this case, it actually takes three, as Cellino's actions also play a fair part in causing the division, as it results in some only focusing on the bad he does, whilst others only focus on the good he does and ignore or play down the bad.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I don't think there's anyone really left in the pro Cellino camp to cause any division, maybe there's some who see his many failings and acknowledge them and call him out for them, but also accept he's done plenty of good things as well. I see myself as being in this camp, then there's those that froth at the mouth over a mere mention of the C word. It is impossible to have any proper debate over Cellino with those who hate and despise him. It's not so bad on here, but on other forums it's OTT and the repetitiveness of it is mostly boring, Groundhog Day stuff, but quite funny at times, especially listening to so called grown men, whinge and moan like little girls over him. Letting someone get to you so badly is really pathetic IMO, living your life like that can only see you go to an early grave.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Aces wrote:I don't think there's anyone really left in the pro Cellino camp to cause any division, maybe there's some who see his many failings and acknowledge them and call him out for them, but also accept he's done plenty of good things as well. I see myself as being in this camp, then there's those that froth at the mouth over a mere mention of the C word. It is impossible to have any proper debate over Cellino with those who hate and despise him. It's not so bad on here, but on other forums it's OTT and the repetitiveness of it is mostly boring, Groundhog Day stuff, but quite funny at times, especially listening to so called grown men, whinge and moan like little girls over him. Letting someone get to you so badly is really pathetic IMO, living your life like that can only see you go to an early grave.
I agree Aces - no point whinging about it. I'm in the same place as you on this one. He's here, he's not the anti Christ incarnate, he's made mistakes but let him who hasn't, cast the first stone. I still think he wants the best for Leeds, unlike previous incumbents who have been in it to make a quick buck. Maybe better the devil you know... If that's not contradicting myself - all getting a bit biblical.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Aces wrote:I don't think there's anyone really left in the pro Cellino camp to cause any division, maybe there's some who see his many failings and acknowledge them and call him out for them, but also accept he's done plenty of good things as well. I see myself as being in this camp, then there's those that froth at the mouth over a mere mention of the C word. It is impossible to have any proper debate over Cellino with those who hate and despise him. It's not so bad on here, but on other forums it's OTT and the repetitiveness of it is mostly boring, Groundhog Day stuff, but quite funny at times, especially listening to so called grown men, whinge and moan like little girls over him. Letting someone get to you so badly is really pathetic IMO, living your life like that can only see you go to an early grave.
Fully agree with you Aces :thumbup: that's why i stay out of these debates. Unfortunately so much hate surrounds our club, much of it drummed up by idle gossip from the media & the claptrap on Twitter