2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by SiMamu »

Mellor wrote:Bamba spots #44s empty shoes and leaps for them with his supersize wallet pausing only to say how much he loves Lufc/Lufc fans :D
I expect it's probably more down to contract length than money. He probably wants a three year contract, but Cellino's 30+ policy has led to him only offering a one or two year contract. I've seen this suggested by Twitter 'ITKs' in recent weeks, but, of course, they're not the most reliable. I can somewhat understand the 30+ policy and I wouldn't offer Bamba more than a two year contract with the option of a 3rd.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

@lufcnewscentral: Uwe Rosler Targets Joey Barton who has just been released by QPR. #lufc http://t.co/SxphWVAG6j

@FootieNews20121: Hull City will try and sign Michael Hector and Sam Byram #hcafc #readingfc #lufc
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

SiMamu wrote:@lufcnewscentral: Uwe Rosler Targets Joey Barton who has just been released by QPR. #lufc http://t.co/SxphWVAG6j

@FootieNews20121: Hull City will try and sign Michael Hector and Sam Byram #hcafc #readingfc #lufc

how reliable are these sources Si?
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

jjrgreeney wrote:
SiMamu wrote:@lufcnewscentral: Uwe Rosler Targets Joey Barton who has just been released by QPR. #lufc http://t.co/SxphWVAG6j

Not particularly, but a rumour's a rumour, and nothing like bringing up something football related to discuss.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Byram? :lol: :lol: Haha good luck with that Hull.
jjrgreeney

Post by jjrgreeney »

SiMamu wrote:
jjrgreeney wrote:

Not particularly, but a rumour's a rumour, and nothing like bringing up something football related to discuss.
The off season would be even worse without a rumour :)

Joey Barton would be a quality signing for us with our young midfield but sadly can not see it happening. seeing Hull looking at Hector and Byram, No chance of sam going there but Hecotr on the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing us looking at a player like that.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Why so sure Byram won't go there? We're apparently skint, they're not.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

We're not skint and they have more debt than us. Why would Byram leaves us for another Championship club? Yes I know McCormack did before someone mentions him, but PL clubs are looking at Sam.
jjrgreeney

Post by jjrgreeney »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Why so sure Byram won't go there? We're apparently skint, they're not.

I cant see him leaving unless its to an established premier league outfit or if we get an over the odds fee for him which im sure Hull wouldn't be willing to pay anything in the region of 5 million plus for a right back.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

I hope that's right but it might not be anywhere near right, that's the problem imo. I can't see us getting £5m for a right back but if one of our players is told he can leave then that nearly always ends up in him leaving, whether he wants to or not.